Do you have a quilting style?

I was thinking today about the various styles of quilts.  A quick Google search of quilt images will come up with thousands of examples.  Some quilters favor a specific color palate, some are drawn to applique or primitive patterns or traditional or reproductions, but most quilters have a common thread that runs through all their work.  So what is mine? If you look at the picture above you might think I favor cool colors and non-traditional patterns but that is not always true.

I guess for me it is hand quilting.  I was on a roll for quite a while of doing only hand quilting of vintage and antique quilt tops but I have been enjoying adding in some new quilts as well and I know that I will continue to enjoy both old and new and quilts in many styles and from many eras.  The common thread for me or my “style” is hand quilting.

Here are some pictures of some of the quilts I have made, each one different, but hand quilting is the common thread. (click to enlarge)

all different….but in some ways all the same…so that is my “style”

14 thoughts on “Do you have a quilting style?

I like them when they are done! 🙂

2. audrey says:

And you do an incredible job making sure each quilt has the right hand quilting to properly bring the quilt to life whatever the style! Great job Tim!

3. Claudette Booker says:

I also do hand quilting. Machine quilted a small wall hanging yesterday and couldn’t wait to be done with it. I lean towards traditional fabrics and patterns, but have den some brights and Kaffe-like tops lately. Love your quilts and your quilting!

4. I tend to do a lot of applique and lately scrappy applique because I love lots of solid spaces for quilting. There are less seams that way and the solid backgrounds showcase the quilting. Love that balance of quilting and pattern.

5. njquilter24 says:

my common thread, quilts inspired by antique quilts….even if the quilt is using kaffe or brights…
    Kathie

6. Bertram B. Bear says:

What’s “kaffe style”? Is that like Gangman style for quilts? Could you expand on that for those of us who aren’t familiar with that style? Thanks.

7. lnuge318 says:

Tim, I am a real sucker for stars and blue and white. I love the jeans quilt! How many pairs do you remember, did it take to make it?

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )