Leftovers Monday

When I say the work Leftovers Most people would think of this

But I think of this

Fans-wheels 019

the parts leftover from making a quilt top (see yesterdays post for more about that)

Fans-wheels 018

I sewed the leftovers together today

castoffs 002

the resulting block of scraps its about 21″ square

castoffs 003

I think I like it

castoffs 001

I think I need to quilt this….I will need to give some thought to how…..I’m thinking circles and big stitches

Happy Leftovers

15 thoughts on “Leftovers Monday

1. Gerrie says:

I love leftovers, and I think Teddy would be very happy if you gifted this one to me. 🙂

2. Siobhan says:

So fun! Like the idea of something curvy or circular for the quilting…

3. Love it. Leftovers are great fun to work with. I look forward to seeing the quilting too.

thanks….I might need to make a full sized quilt with nothing but leftover bits some day…..but I need to make a lot more quilts before I have that many leftovers!

4. Tica says:

I even use left-overs from left-overs. At least it’s a harmless compusion.

5. Tica says:

compulsion

6. Kate says:

I love this! Trying similar things myself, but not quite so pretty. What is the white material, just plain cotton?

7. Sharon Eshlaman says:

I think circles would look great. However, whatever you do it will be fantastic. Can’t wait to see it.

8. Carla says:

Your leftovers remind me of a woven quilt I made earlier this winter. I haven’t quilted it yet, so I can’t wait to see how yours will look. I was thinking circles or babtist fans for mine, but it will be awhile before I get to it.

Comments