Susan Lucci time

Remember Susan Lucci?  She was nominated year after year for an Emmy award, and always had to say “it was an honor to be nominated.” (After 18 failed nominations, she finally won in 1999)

Well I say it was an honor to be nominated.  The winners for the AQS show in Lancaster were announced…..and here they are

Here is my quilt that I had hopes for winning something.

and here is the other

And it is an honor to have a quilt in an AQS show, and even more to have 2.  I will keep entering and maybe some day I can say I won.  I will be in Lancaster on Friday and Saturday …I hope see you there.

30 thoughts on “Susan Lucci time

1. Sharon Eshlaman says:

You and Teddy are a winner in my book every day of the week.

2. gardnerpam6 says:

your quilt is beautiful, even if you didn’t win-I bet the competition is fierce!

3. karen says:

I have been to some of these shows and the competition is fierce! I hope you do win one day but to just have your quilt in the show is fantastic

4. kathie says:

yes please keep entering your quilting is amazing and it will be recognized I am sure.
    its an honor to get a quilt in the show , like you I would be thrilled anyway!
    Kathie

5. Nancy says:

I was sorry not to see you as a winner. Have a great time in Lancaster. Wish I were going.

6. Laura Gottlieb says:

I thought for sure that your whole cloth tree quilt would win a prize at Lancaster, so I’m disappointed too. But enter it in other shows…someone out there (in addition to your many fans here) will recognize your achievement eventually!

It is incomprehensible to see that you did not win in the whole cloth hand quilting incredible quilt category! I know the competition is fierce, but your quilt was fierce!

8. Tim, you’re a better man than I. I was juried into an AQS show in Nashville in 2003. Yes, it was an honor to be in the show, but when I got there and found I had lost, boy was I mad! I surprised myself at what a bad loser I was. LOL. The trauma is still with me and I haven’t entered a big show since. Of course, I haven’t made a quilt I consider that good since, either. Have fun at the show and if you feel any disappointment, think of me and laugh.

9. audrey says:

Glad you were able to have 2 quilts in the show! Maybe next time because I know your work is good enough to get there again.:)

Ahhhhhhh, Tim — I was sure the Tree was going to get something. But it’s a journey, and you’re getting there. Faster than Susan Lucci, I wager. See you on Saturday. Anyone else from the Tim Latimer Fan Club, Eastern Division going to be there?

11. Donna K says:

Awww, I was sure your tree of life was going to place.
    You have great support here in blog land. Keep stitching and taking pictures, it helps all of us to see your photos.

12. Valerie says:

Dear Mr. Latimer and Tim,
    I think your quilts are amazing–please continue and press on. Competitions can be so subjective–did you get comments at least? At any rate, I love your work.

Thanks!! They dont give out judges comments so one never knows what they liked or didnt like…..but I am planning what to submit next time none the less. so I am not deterred

13. Valerie says:

Darn, I meant Mr. Latimer and TEDDY — but I think it works out this way as well 🙂

14. Gretchen McClain says:

I saw your quilts on Thursday Tim, and they are beautiful. You are right about it being an honor to have your quilts in the show. There were 11 of us that went together and we had a wonderful time. We were at the show Thursday so I missed the opportunity to meet you. Keep up the outstanding work you do. Piecefully, Gretchen from PA

Thanks!….I didn’t get to the show until Friday so I didnt know how creased my tree of life quilt got in shipping….I was able to talk them into letting me spray some water on it to flatten it a bit so It looked better after that

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )