Hippy Teddy

I had to give a new idea a try.  Last year I bought a few tie-dyed panels.

tie-dye 004

I got some gray fabric at the show last week to use with it to make a quilt top.

tie-dye 002

Teddy is very anxious to see what it turns out like…it will be a hand quilted project as always, but likely with big stitch quilting.

tie-dye 003

I have a lot of sewing yet to do before I finish the top….but the colors are great for Teddy

tie-dye 005

31 thoughts on “Hippy Teddy

1. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Looks like Teddy has claimed that one! He deserves the best, you know. I just love that dog of yours! Can you tell, I’m a dog lover first, a quilt lover second.

Teddy is such a good quilting companion! Not sure he will get to use this one until I see how it turns out….I have lots more to add before I can show a full picture….but I do have an extra tie dye panel so he might get his own

2. Cathi says:

How spectacular! I love the effect you’re getting!
    Those are definitely Teddy’s colours!

Thanks! Not at all my usual colors! (or style)…but I think its good to explore different things sometimes…and the bold colors sure make Teddy look good

Teddy’s Puttin’ on the Ritz!

4. Joana says:

I really like the effect of the radiating colors broken by the gray—they’ll be recruiting you for the Modern Quilt Guild before you know it!

5. gonerustic says:

Teddy must have known how good a white dog would look with that colourful background! The quilt top is looking great; love the way you’ve designed it =D

6. antarabesque says:

Those colours sure set Teddy’s fabulousness off! I’m liking the design too.

7. Kathleen Campbell says:

The tye-dyed quilt top looks like a winner and please tell Teddy that I love him. I might have to get a Teddy of my own. I have already gotten two ginger haired kittys from the SPCA. I’m thinking on it.

8. carla bynum says:

Hi!!!! I love the tie dyed with the gray!!!! Very pretty!!!! Hippie Teddy is too cute too!!! Thank You

9. Carlyn says:

I’m ready to see the final project…and a woot woot out to your cute little companion.

10. Lisa says:

Oh my goodness, that’s a cute picture of Teddy!

11. STEPHANIE says:

I hadn’t realised that Teddy is a schnauzer. Was he a rescue? He seems very calm and placid.

the is a rescue dog…he was about a year and a half old when I got him, he had been very neglected and was so thin and shy…and afraid of being outside because he had never been outside before…..I didn’t know he was a schnauzer either but I had him for a while and everyone always asked what kind of dog is he….so I finally had a dna test done and found out he is a miniature schnauzer….so I got him groomed like one…and he seems very happy with his identity

12. Salley says:

“peace” Teddy…PEACE….and don you go smokin’ no joint an leave’n no ash near mah quilt, man.

13. Jeanette says:

I think I’ll try this, too …
    Looks spectacular…..

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )