Tie-dye quilt top

I finished the tie dye quilt top ….it is about 60″ square.

tie-dye-top 006 tie-dye-top 005

I was not sure if I wanted to add a border and make it bed sized, but once I hung it up to look at it I decided It was done.  This should get the oddball out of my system long enough to finish up hand quilting the whole cloth quilt I have been working on.   I do have backing fabric, batting and hand quilting thread (12 weight for big stitch quilting) for the tie-dye quilt so I might not be able to resist working on it as well……but I want to get the whole cloth finished!

22 thoughts on “Tie-dye quilt top

1. Ginny says:

Amazing tie dye!! Love the way you seperated it. I too hope you can resist long enough. I want to see that wholecloth in it’s entirety..

2. Byrd says:

How beautiful for the first day of spring – amazing! Take care, Byrd

3. Cathi says:

Wow! That is a beautiful piece. Really striking and so different!

4. ginaquilts says:

Tim, what size and brand needle do you use for big stitch quilting? The embroidery needles I’ve found feel like small posts.

5. audrey says:

Wow! That’s really different from what you usually do. The gray makes an excellent framework for the bright explosion of color behind it. I think we all probably have some quilting extremes and not being afraid to work on both probably helps bring out the best in us all. Thanks for sharing!

6. The Frugal Quilter says:

Very, very different!~ I like it!~ Very unique.

Awesome as usual!

8. DAVID LAMB says:

Sent from my iPhone

9. njquilter24 says:

wow surprised to see this on your blog! LOL
    oh the whole cloth quilting is just soooooo beautiful
    can’t wait to see this one done…
    Kathie

10. njquilter24 says:

Wow surprised to see this on your blog! I do like it though and it would be fun to quilt. love, love, love the hand quilting on the whole cloth quilt and looking forward to seeing it done!
    Kathie

11. Lisa Mikel says:

I love your quilt. The colors are great. I’ve never seen a tye dye quilt before. The framing is perfect. Thanks for sharing! I am excited to see it quilted. I love all your quilts. You do great work. Teddy looked cute with the tye dye fabric the other day. The whole cloth quilt is looking gorgeous congratulations.

12. […] His post on the Tie Dye quilt he made gave me the idea for what I’m doing. I won’t do it as creatively as he did but I’ll make my own thing out of it. I also have two more pieces of 1-yard that Jen did. I might let her get a picture of the tie dye before I cut it all up. Maybe. […]

Comments