Trapunto Update

I came across this Coke Ad and I just had to share it because it is just so cool!

quilting-bee-coca-cola

Not a lot of quilting happened in the last few days.  I did spend some time outside in the garden doing spring cleaning and so far have filled 5 leaf bags.  I had all the leaves raked in the fall, but they just keep blowing in from neighboring yards.  I am seeing lots of sprouting plants, I even have a few crocus blooming.

I worked a bit more on the trapunto and I have learned some things.  First I love it!  Second it takes a lot of time and yarn.  Third it takes practice to be uniform in how much stuffing goes into each segment. It is looking better the more I add. ( I also added a link to the Trapunto Demo video to the sidebar on the right)

trapunto-update 002trapunto-update 006trapunto-update 005

I have a lot more stuffing and quilting to go!

21 thoughts on “Trapunto Update

1. Gerrie says:

Tim, this is so beautiful!

2. Judith Leckie says:

Hope they Didn’t spill any COKE ON THAT QUILT…..;)

Sent from my iPad.

3. The Frugal Quilter says:

I left a long comment, but I lost it, sorry.
    I have been spending at least an hour a day outside. Planted some morning glory, sweet pea, wildflower, zinnia seeds. Have pansies, snapdragons, amaryllis blooming in yard. I wish we could have crocus, they don’t come back each year. Amaryllis do though. I put up a Bluebird house yesterday, as we see them around. Hope they nest.
    Love this ad!~ What FUN! Great quilt, keep going… Going to be a ribbon winner… HAPPY EASTER!~ If you lived closer, I’d say come on over to dinner.

4. Sandi says:

You’re quilt is beautiful. Thanks for the close up on how you do the work. Happy Easter !

5. cmosey says:

This is looking fabulous, Tim! Can’t wait to see it in person. Happy Easter!

6. antarabesque says:

That is fabulous. I am jealous that you are able to start gardening, even if it is only cleaning up. We still have quite alot of snow here. Happy Easter!

7. STEPHANIE says:

Hi Tim
    Thanks for the link on the side!
    (We have daffodils in abundance here in the U.K .- being blown down by a bitterly cold wind.)

8. Carla says:

As soon as I get some yarn I think I am going to try this on the center feathered wreaths of my Irish Ice Cream Social. The wreaths are hard to see and I put so much work into them. Hopefully it will help! Thanks for sharing the video.

9. Pamela says:

Wow, Tim, this is looking really wonderful. I enjoy watching the progression of your quilts. Cannot wait to see this when it’s done; up close & personal. It looks like you should get it done in time for the GR AQS show!

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )