Back to Rings

I am working on another hand piecing project today.   I have a lot of hand quilting to do but I needed to take a break from that because I can’t comfortably quilt without leaning forward and that hurts.   I had surgery yesterday to remove my gallbladder….I have had ongoing problems for the last year and they finally did it! I am looking forward to feeling healthy again.   Anyway while I am recovering it is much easier to hand piece than it is to hand quilt.

I started this project last August and it got put aside for several other things but it came back out today.  Here is the original post about it  https://timquilts.com/2012/08/13/single-wedding-ring-70s-quilt-top/

and another herehttps://timquilts.com/2012/08/15/single-wedding-ring-repair-begins/

and another here https://timquilts.com/2012/08/16/single-wedding-ring-repairpiecing-2/

those posts pretty well cover how I am doing the piecing.  here are a few pictures of it today

And here Teddy wanted to say Hi…here he is in his chair…no quilt on his chair today,  this is a toothbrush rug (some day I will blog about how to make one)

rings 009

37 thoughts on “Back to Rings

1. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Nice block, quilts, colors, etc. Hope you feel 100% real soon. Thanks for the pic of Teddy, as I always look forward to seeing him. Take care.

2. Nancy says:

Be sure to hold a pillow against your stomach when you cough. Feel better!

Get well soon, your piles are growing. If you can’t quilt, at least you can visit eBay and ………well you know the drill!

4. Here’s hoping you heal up quickly. Great quilt! Relax and take it easy.

5. Ann Hancock says:

Gosh…that sounds like a very naughty gallbladder. Good riddance, eh? !

Get well fast ,Tim! Pats for Teddy—

it sure was naughty! it was the cause of the pancreas attack last year and I have been pretty much sick all the time since then….so glad that it is finally done

6. audrey says:

Hope you get back up to speed soon!

7. Cathi says:

Tim, I hope you feel a lot better fast and are able to get back go quilting. In the meantime, you’re working on what will be another gorgeous quilt.

I’m glad you’ve got Teddy there to look after you!

8. Kathleen Campbell says:

My thoughts are with you on this gallbladder thing. Hope you are beginning to feel better fast. I know exactly what it is all about. (Quite a bit ago and I do not miss it.) Energy will take a little while to increase. This is a big deal to your body. You have your quilt projects to review when you are awake in the middle of the night.
    And of course there is always the computer.

9. Tim, I look forward to seeing your blog in my emails…because I like your quilts (old and new), your florals, the way you write, and your pup. To you are a very nice person. Be well….let yourself heal…don’t rush things. 😀 P.S. got to see the “WHITE TREE” quilt in Lancaster…even better in real life.

10. Lynn says:

Hope you are feeling better soon. Take it easy and don’t do too much too soon. Ask me how I know that? Teddy is so sweet. He looks a little worried and concerned about you!

11. kathie says:

hope your recovery is quick and Teddy takes good care of you!
    don’t push yourself….always love seeing what your working on, funny I have been inspired by circles lately too!
    Kathie

12. Judy says:

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Take it easy and let yourself heal. I am always learning something new from your blog!…vintage quilt/block repair, quilt design, handquilting, etc. You read my mind when you wrote about why we handquilt. Well said!
    Judy

13. Donna K says:

Hi Tim

I think every one above has said what I want to say. I am glad you are on the mend. The weather outside doesn’t tempt you to get out now. Winter is just not giving up easily. Enjoy that piecing and Teddy. He looks like a true pal.

14. Mary Margaret says:

Hope your recovery goes well, Tim. Wishing you the best.

15. cmosey says:

Hope you feel better soon! I had my gallbladder out years ago, the old-fashioned way. UGH! Just relax, sew, put your feet up and let Teddy wait on you paw and foot. Gentle hugs…

16. debraspincic says:

Be well. I hope you have some comfy quilts nearby to soothe you. Maybe even a nap with that cute little Teddy.

17. Valerie says:

Hope you feel better soon, Tim. Best wishes.

18. Pamela says:

Hope you recover more quickly than am going to. Had rotator cuff surgery on my right (dominant) arm and can not do any type of stitching. It’s been four weeks and I’m going crazy not being able to pick up a needle & thread. At least I can browse the internet and read & write quilt blogs.

Comments