More Rings

I have been working on the vintage rings blocks today.   I have them all pieced together.

I added the setting pieces in sections.  Here is one

ring piecing 011

a few more

ring piecing 001

next attach them into 4 pieces

ring piecing 003

next make it into 2 big pieces

ring piecing 005

add the remaining setting pieces

ring piecing 006

and join them all together

ring piecing 008

Now I will add the setting pieces around the edges….and then add a border

Happy quilting

23 thoughts on “More Rings

1. Cathi says:

Wow, Tim, you have really made progress with this end quickly. It is fabulous!

2. Laura Gottlieb says:

I would never have thought of using red as the fabric to unite all of these colors, but it works so well here! It reminds me that a quilter in this area regards red…ANY red…as a neutral. I think you’ve proved her right! Now….where is Teddy?

It is bright for sure….but I really do think the red is great….but not for every quilt!….Teddy is pouting…today was bath day and he hates that

3. Karin Peirce says:

The red is so beautiful and the rings are so lively, the black and turquoise one and the pink and green one add that certain something. It is a fabulous quilt. Can’t wait for the next installment…

thanks!…Im working on it now…but running out of steam….so it may take a while to get the border done….I want to do something pieced to match…but not sure how yet

4. julie says:

Hey Tim…you are quite talented! I have really been enjoying seeing your progress on your marvelous vintage quilts!

5. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Red surprised me – pleasantly, I might say. That’s exactly what it needed and looks great. Nice job. I missed Teddy, too. You are amazing and I love following your blog and projects. Can’t wait to see what you have for us next.

6. laura fisher says:

these remind me of those Kenyan beaded rounded necklaces that women wear. Laura Fisher’s FISHER HERITAGE 305 East 61st Street New York, NY 10065 tel :212/ 838-2596 cell: 917/ 797-1260 http://www.laurafisherquilts.com Facebook: Laura Fisher Quilts

>________________________________ > From: Tim Latimer – Quilts etc >To: fisherheritage@yahoo.com >Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:46 PM >Subject: [New post] More Rings > > > > WordPress.com >timquilts posted: “I have been working on the vintage rings blocks today. I have them all pieced together. I added the setting pieces in sections. Here is one a few more next attach them into 4 pieces next make it into 2 big pieces add the ” >

7. I just love this quilt! It’s so…..alive!!

8. Carla says:

Tim, Are you hand stitching or machine stitching these together. I notice your seam allowance looks turned under before you attach? Love the quilt, spectacular!

I am hand piecing,,,,it is so much easier to hand piece when working on vintage pieces that are less than evenly cut!…..I dont do any turning under first….some of the fabrics are very very thick like upholstery fabric and some are poly….its a real mix!

9. Carolyn McCord says:

I’ll have to agree I really like them. I wasn’t sure when I first saw them, but I do now!

10. Bev says:

I am so happy to find your blog! Your work is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave from
    Bev

11. Linda Cronise says:

I sew every day and I get alot done BUT I have never seen anyone get this much done in such a short time!! Your work is amazing!!

Comments