This and That

I have a few little things for today.

First I have a few flowers blooming

april25-2013 021 april25-2013 022

daffy

The Hyacinth aren’t far off.

april25-2013 023

If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft,

And from thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left,

Sell one, and with the dole

Buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.

I got a 4 of the King Solomon’s Temple blocks pieced together

april25-2013 015

a few fabric close up pictures

april25-2013 018april25-2013 019

If you recall I had a bit of a problem with shipping my Trees Quilt.   It was full of fold marks when it was on display at AQS in Lancaster.

tree of life

Last night I blocked it.  What that means is I got it damp and laid it out flat on some towels,  and pinned it down and let it dry.

april25-2013 001

So just in case you haven’t seen enough pictures of it….here are some more (click to enlarge)

I am nearing the end on the Tie dye quilt.  I think a few more days and I will have it.

tie dye-progression 004

Happy Quilting and Happy Spring

14 thoughts on “This and That

1. karen says:

next time you ship a quilt someplace if it is small enough you might want to try rolling it instead? I heard someplace of someone doing this and getting a big “tube” of some sort at a packing store to ship in.

2. Wow tim That is quilting! What are you going to do with it once it stops traveling?

I think it will hang on the wall for a while…..at least until I make one I like better….but I mostly make larger quilts so it might be a while before I make another wall hanging size

3. Kat says:

I am impressed by your ‘tree of life’. In particular the background , the sky. it reminds me of old copper prints in old fairy tale books. gorgeous !

4. How I have missed reading your posts while I have been off line. I am sure I have missed a lot, especially that gorgeous trees quilt. Amazing. The photos of the daffodils made me smile – my favorite spring flower – especially love tne white ones. Many yeaers ago a young man with whom I worked would get a bunch from the flower seller in front of the hospital where we worked, and I would find them on my desk from time to time. The illustration is wonderful. From what book is it? Forgive any typos please. Trying to get used to the smaller keyboard \on a laptop. With the King Solomon’s Temple blocks, are your four remakes of antique ones, or replacments for damaged ones? I never saw that block before. Lovely. How is Teddy?

5. Gai Haines says:

At AQSG seminar in NJ there was a presentation of the preparation for Infinite Variety, where steamers were used to remove fold lines. I am tempted to investigate , I have the same problem, not so many though! Gai

they really worked hard to get those quilt looking their best at Infinite Variety…the steamers worked great, unfortunately when A quilt goes to an AQS show it has to be mailed…..once there they take it out of the box and hang it as it is…the maker has no control over the process, and cant even touch their own quilt until they are taken down at the end of the show. but it would have been nice if they had a steamer

6. Janet says:

I love those Solomon’s Temple blocks together. I have to make a few of these blocks I think :0) I never get tired of looking at your Tree of Life quilt!

7. Sandi says:

I love your Tree of Life quilt, show it as often as you can! The quilt blocks for Solomon’s Temple are wonderful and I look forward to seeing the full quilt.

Comments