Something different every day

Another beautiful spring day.  The warm weather sure makes things grow fast

Remember the weeping cherry tree?

suspension bridge sashing 016

Here it is today

garden update 5-4-13 011

the grape hyacinth under it are starting to bloom

garden update 5-4-13 013garden update 5-4-13 008

The yellow Species tulips are still looking good

garden update 5-4-13 009

The bleeding heart is starting to bloom

garden update 5-4-13 001 garden update 5-4-13 002

so it the smaller fern leaf bleeding heart

garden update 5-4-13 003

Lots of growth on the roses

garden update 5-4-13 004 garden update 5-4-13 005garden update 5-4-13 010

The Service berry yesterday

Amelanchier x grandiflora 'Autumn Brilliance'  getting ready to bloom

and Today

garden update 5-4-13 007

And some more accumulated trimmings to go

garden update 5-4-13 006

Yesterday I posted a picture of Teddy….it was a picture from a year ago….here he is yesterday

garden update 5-4-13 014

He was looking pretty shaggy!   He had a visit to see Julie at the Elegant Pooch today…..here he is now sitting on the quilt I am working on

garden update 5-4-13 017

Doesn’t he look distinguished….He also looks tired…his appointment made him miss his afternoon nap.

I found this great quilting song today

Happy Quilting/Gardening

19 thoughts on “Something different every day

1. Ann Hancock says:

LOVE the song! Teddy is looking ever so dapper now…and the garden is looking lovely.
    Happy May

2. Carolyn Black says:

The yard is beautiful! It must be a lot warmer there than here on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Teddy looks great.

Can’t believe how springy it is there and we’re further south and it’s cold and nothing blooming around here yet!
    Teddy is looking great! I love that song, but the Johnny Cash rendition is great, too!

4. Pam Gardner says:

I want a service berry tree and there is a reason which I don’t remember…something maybe about a certain kind of bird that loves it? Do you know, Tim?
    Things are beginning to bloom here too but not as quickly. Teddy is adorable, as usual.

well the berries are great….taste just like blueberries….but every bird in the city loves them so I have only had a chance to eat a few….and they have beautiful bright red / orange fall color stay fairly small….will grow in damp soil and part shade..they have a lot going for them

5. Janet says:

I wish spring was this advanced where I live. The flowers are beautiful! I just posted my first Solomon’s Temple block on my blog. So fun to piece!!

6. kathie says:

your garden is looking good, things starting to bloom , spring is here!
    Teddy looks so handsome , even more special today, hmmmm could it be he is on an amazing quilt……I never tire of seeing this one….simply amazing, beautiful

It really is spring….sure makes a difference ….I think everyone seems in a better mood! Not sure if that quilt will ever be done but it is fun to work on

7. Sharon Eshlaman says:

I have a couple of wheeping cherry too. It’s a shame their beauty only lasts such a short time. Teddy does look very dapper. He needs a hug from me. Your flowers look great as does your quilt. Enjoy.

I guess part of the beauty of the cherry tree is that it is such a short display….and that makes you appreciate it even more when it does flower

8. Karin Peirce says:

Your ring quilt is wonderful, what a treat to see it. I always quilt by hand and never mark anything (I do occasionally rip things out), I think I’d be institutionalized if I had to follow the lines….Your yard looks great, we have scilla siberica and species crocus all over the yard. We had snowdrops but they’ve gone by. The daffodils are just starting to bloom. I guess spring is here. The old joke about Maine is :.Two seasons here, winter and Fourth of July. Whoops I’m blathering…it is really interesting to see all the quilts. if my computer hadn’t died last week i think I would once again be on Facebook following the vintage and antique quilt bits…

Comments