Bridal Bouquet

I did the flowers for a wedding today, and as usual I didn’t get very good pictures, but  they were very pretty.

Lots and lots of roses. This is the bridal bouquet

bridal bouquets 001

and here are the bridesmaids

bridal bouquets 003 bridal bouquets 004 bridal bouquets 005 bridal bouquets 006

Rainy and Chilly Today so no work in the garden….I think I will quilt

12 thoughts on “Bridal Bouquet

1. Kathi says:

What wonderful roses … such an elegant arrangement on all of them but of course I love the brides bouquet the most… glad it is raining and driving you to quilt… can’t wait to see what you work on today! Kathi

Gorgeous rose bouquets! I’m sure the wedding party was very pleased!

3. Kat says:

I like the different colors of roses. What basis do you use for the bouquet? Moss, plastic handle or original stems? For my Examination as a florist I chose champagne-colored roses and light blue freesia for the bridel bouqet. Now that’s also been 20 years ago…

My preference is to make them on the natural stems…I did these as a substitute florist….the order was taken by a friend of mine but she was called out of town to work for another florist for Mother’s Day business so I stepped in a followed her plan (which was to use the bouquet holders)…It is helpful to be able to use various methods so you are prepared for any event so in my classes I teach several

• Kat says:

yes, all variants have their pros and cons. My most difficult construction was a bridal bouquet as a scepter with a red rose ball on top. That was welding work to balance it.

4. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Absolutely beautiful!

Oooh, luscious roses, but I thought you’d be working on a bridal bouquet/nose gay quilt! That’s an idea for quilting, one of my favorites. But you’ve got enough underway without adding to the mix. But maybe soon in the future….?

I do have a vintage quilt top in that pattern that I have remade and is ready to go…..but I seem to have allowed it to go to the bottom of the pile….I think I need to move it up!!

• Kristen says:

I think so too. It would be an interesting concept for quilting because the it’s a semi-abstracted pattern — flowers done in geometric shards — while the full idea is voluptuous roses such as yours above. Very deco-ish in a way, much like a lot of those would-be figurative quilting patterns from the ’30s. If I’m making any art/quilt historical sense.

I think I will dig that one out and do a post of it tomorrow….your points on the design right on

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )