A few Days Ago I wrote about some Bridal Bouquets that I made .
I was reminded that there is a quilt pattern from the 30’s called Bride’s Bouquet. It is also called The Nose Gay.
You may not be surprised to know that I have a quilt top in my collection in this pattern.
When I bought the quilt the blocks were arranged differently, they were placed together so that they looked like complex stars.
The most traditional setting is with the blocks set on point as in this example from the quilt index.
The blocks are also usually made with all the bouquet handles in the same color, usually green as in this example.
Mine were all different, and I took them all apart and set them back together like this.
It also has an ice cream cone border. The finished size is 80″ x 90″.
many of the pieces have seams which I presume to be from when they were feed sacks
I had planned to quilt this right away, and then new projects kept piling up on top of it and I forgot all about it.
but I really like it, I think I have to move it up in the stack and get it quilted. Here are a bunch more pictures (click to enlarge)
Happy Mother’s Day
and Happy Quilting