Whole Cloth continues

In the last few days I have been working on hand quilting the whole cloth quilt. I have been finishing quilting and , because I couldn’t wait to get started, I have been adding trapunto.  Here are a few pictures that show what I have done in the center.  Half of the wreath is done and one of the feathers

trapunto progress 5-21-13 005 trapunto progress 5-21-13 004 trapunto progress 5-21-13 003 trapunto progress 5-21-13 002 trapunto progress 5-21-13 001

Today I decided to hang it up and take a picture to show the whole thing.

whole cloth progress 5-22-13 001 whole cloth progress 5-22-13 002

and here you can see a few more pictures  (click to enlarge)

40 thoughts on “Whole Cloth continues

1. Marta Leggett says:

Tim, it is so lovely!! I can’t wait to see more! Could u do a close-up of your stitches? I love seeing details, thanks for sharing, Marta

2. Linda says:

Beautiful quilting. How to you mark your quilt and find the right stencils?

3. Oh so wonderful! It just shows you it’s the details that count! I am so glad you have shared your journey with this whole cloth.

4. Renie says:

Can it get more beautiful??? What a treasure.

5. Sharon Eshlaman says:

I’m speechless!

6. Laura Gottlieb says:

Jaw-dropping!

7. Byrd says:

Exquisite! I’ve been thinking about a 36″ square trapunto piece – what inspiration! Take care, Byrd

Unbelievable!

9. Janet says:

The trapunto makes the whole design pop, I love the dimensional addition of it. It looks more gorgeous with every update you do.

10. Barbara Clarke says:

Esquisite seems too mild a word. There are simply no adjectives to describe this work of art. I wish I could see it in person.

11. Barbara Clarke says:

Of course, I’m so taken by your quilt, that I can’t even spell exquisite!

12. Jeanette says:

Tim, This is your most glorious work ! Such a beautiful design. Your own ? Congratulations…..

13. Victoria says:

Just smh……..Priceless!! Otherworldly, Heavenly….Masterpiece….

14. audrey says:

I really didn’t think it would need Trapunto, but wow! It adds an extra dimension that makes it just incredible!

thanks Audrey….I was torn but I decided If I am putting all the time into the quilting part I might just as well go all the way….so far I am glad I did…..I am starting to think about how I will bind it…I might do piping

15. Ann-Mari says:

I am impressed at all the work you put in this quilt.

Thanks….lots more to go but it is moving forward to the finish line. I can only work on it for a day or 2 and then I need to take a break and work on something else…its makes my eyes tired

16. Sandy says:

It’s beautiful!! How are you doing the trapunto? Yarn or batting? Maybe you could show us sometime how you are doing it,,,it’s just lovely. Thanks for sharing with us..

17. Genevieve/France says:

Just beautifull!! Plus the trapunto really adds to it. Am sure Teddy will really appreciate it when it gets completed. LOL
    Will be working on a wholecloth for a queen size bed soon, but I don’t think I’ll do the grid so small. It will be black with white embroidery then quilted black except for the border motif which will be white. On my page if you are interested in seeing the project.
    Keep up the good work.

18. Marta Adair says:

Did you start this beautiful piece with design from a stencil.
    I ask because I have one with almost same design as your center.

Comments