More Gardening

Today I did some work in the back yard.  I  thought it would be a good time to look back at some pictures from a few years ago.  In 2007 I decided to begin adding more gardens to the back yard.  I started with the side along the property line making the bed wider.

bedwiden

back-7-01-07

See the tree there in the center of the picture…I had just planted that.

And then I  worked on the other side of the property line

gardentobe-7-1-07

fence post cement planning

I take a picture of the space and sketch in a rough idea of the plan.

Here is some of the junk I dug out of the ground

debris 3

In 2011 I did the center bed

2010_07105-25-11-island-bed0001 2010_07105-25-11-island-bed0006

Lots of growth happened since then and here is the garden today.

back yard 5-26-13 001

Here is that tree that I planted on 2007.

back yard 5-26-13 002

Here is the other edge of the yard

back yard 5-26-13 005

and the center

back yard 5-26-13 007 back yard 5-26-13 008 back yard 5-26-13 009

back yard 5-26-13 006

And the supervisor

2010_06255-6-11-garden0007

And this is the side yard looking out to the front

back yard 5-26-13 010

That plant over the gate is a rose that will be blooming soon

here is more of the front

back yard 5-26-13 011 back yard 5-26-13 012

It wont be long and this area will be blooming

Happy Gardening

20 thoughts on “More Gardening

You are one workaholic! But it sure pays off in the end results! So most of your yard is planted with perennials, right? Except those petunias in the front?
    Just today my iris started to open, way late this season.

I plant a few annuals here and there….to fill in like the new area in the front…when the perennials grow I wont need to add many…..mostly I like to grow perennials…..Today I planted seeds for zinnias…..and I will add some annuals to the back now that i have all the weeding done

2. karen says:

love all your gardens – I wish my husband was more into gardening then what he is – then with his help I could do it – I just can’t shovel worth a darn!

Teddy truly is a multi-faceted manager — when he’s not inspecting quilts he switches to supervising landscaping. And he does such a good job at both, both areas are flourishing.

4. Charlene says:

I follow some expatriates living in England and they post many,many pictures. Your gardens remind me of the English gardens. One recently attended the Chelsea Garden Show and her pix could be transported to Michigan!

5. Kathleen Campbell says:

Your yard looks great! I do enjoy looking at the flowers and your plans.
    Surprisingly I think your garden is further or farther (sp) along than ours in this section of PA

its a strange year….started a bit to early then had a hard frost and lost a few things…then it was in the 90’s and this weekend is in the 60’s….the week in the 90’s really made things grow fast….but the frost killed off most of my dogwood blooms and killed a few lilies off….and I have a lilac that its about 2 weeks behind last year….seems like everything is off schedule

• cmosey says:

Yes, I bought two new clematis plants and dug up some grass along the side yard fence and put them in. One of them loves it there, but the other one is very unhappy and droopy. Many leaves on that one look like they were hit by the frost. Not sure that plant will survive! Your gardens are always so stunning, Tim.

I have a clematis that is thriving now but for 3 years it thought it was dead….2 years ago it came back to life…so dont give up

6. Lovely! Wonderful what a lot of hard work and some water can do!

7. Judy says:

Beautiful garden Tim , and so pleased to see the supervisor is doing his job…..😉

8. Hilda says:

I love your “English Garden” – lots of work to start with but many years of enjoyment seeing the seasonal changes. Well done! Does Teddy help out with the digging (only where instructed of course)?

9. Becky says:

Your garden is beautiful Tim! It’s so interesting to see how one’s garden evolves over time, isn’t it? Love the droopy evergreen tree, what is it?

Comments