More Quilt Tops

I got a few more vintage quilt tops …eBay is so tempting!

This green and striped one is small…only 58″ x 70″  so I might add some borders to it.  Its got some quirks …the stripes don’t go in a regular direction, but I think that is part of what I like about it so I plan to leave it as it is.

new tops 6-13-13 001new tops 6-13-13 003new tops 6-13-13 004

I also got one in the thousand Pyramids Pattern

new tops 6-13-13 006

It has some very fun fabrics in it (click pictures to enlarge)

It is in very good condition compared to the one I finished last year. (see that post here https://timquilts.com/2012/09/07/thousand-pyramids-complete/)

Teddy was very interested in checking this one out to see how it sits

new tops 6-13-13 022 new tops 6-13-13 023

I think he will like it better once I get it quilted.

I also tried to get some decent pictures of my Tied dye quilt….I am going to have to take it outside and do it in natural light to get the color true…its pretty we outside today since we had a huge rain storm last night…so that will have to wait for another day.  Teddy was happy to pose with the quilt…he makes it look so much better

new tops 6-13-13 032

here are a few more pictures (click to enlarge)

Happy Quilting!

19 thoughts on “More Quilt Tops

I’m lovin’ those Thousand Pyramids, and also, I don’t think I commented on this before, the tie-dyed rainbow is a fit of genius.

Thanks!….some people (I think) thought I had gone off the deep end when I did that tie-dye quilt…But I think I am going to make another and do it with the dark fabric stripes radiating from the center

• Kristen says:

It was absolutely a long-sighted creative vision. A child of the ’80s-’90s, I had my usual anti tie-dye rainbow reaction, but the ultimate 3-D aspect in the gray that could be seen as a fragmented LED screen pixillate it. AND the meandering lines breaking the grid add another dimension — really a positive challenge for the field of vision. Just DON’T enter it in any AQS show. Those judges would never get it.

LOL…I was thinking of entering it in a modern quilt show that is coming up….

• Kristen says:

Yes, a modern quilt show might get it — but no one in twee-ville will understand.

2. njquilter24 says:

always fun to see your quilts/ quilt tops thanks for sharing
    Kathie

3. mehitabel says:

I made a very small Thousand Pyramids quilt once upon a time–it was fun! I hope it will turn up in one of my UFO boxes. You see, I don’t have to shop eBay to find “vintage” UFOs, I just need to shop my stash. So many quilts, so little time… and I’m a knitter, too, which just complicates matters. Do I work on the binding for the Tumbler quilt, or finish my granddaughter’s sweater? Such a dilemma!

EBay will just keep churning them out and they will just keep showing up on your blog! Nice quilt tops and nice Teddy poses! You better let him have the thousand pyramid one, you can see it in his eyes!

He does seem to have his preferences…..he really likes the rings quit….still sits on the same ring every time…..but I could tell that he likes this one as well….of course he had to give it an all over sniff before he decided

5. Sharon Eshlaman says:

I keep telling you Teddy has good taste. He and I both like the pyramids best ouf of the group from ebay. He’s so darn cute. Can’t wait to see you churn those out with some fantastic quilting. Enjoy.

6. Janine Huisjen says:

I always enjoy seeing what has shown up in your mail! I thought about your garden last night when we had quarter-sized hail raining down for what seemed like forever. I hope you were spared.

7. audrey says:

Always more quilt tops to work on isn’t there? You somehow manage to find the very nicest ones on a regular basis!

8. Last week I met a woman who has been buying up quilt tops locally just to save them – she came to our quilt group to see if we thought they could be machine quilted. We all pretty much said no, it wouldn’t look right.
    I told her about your blog and how she HAD to start there to see the fabulous possibilities. I said, “There’s this guy and he buys old tops on eBay – ” and she got a faraway look in her eyes and said in a reverential voice, “They sell them on eBay?!!!”
    So I may have given you a buying competitor, but I’m sure she will also be a loyal follower! I don’t think she could do better than to hang out here and learn from all your projects.

wow that is great! Thanks for sending her to look…..I love to see old tops “saved” and HAND quilted! 😉 glad your quilt group advised against machine quilting…..I have no problem with that on new quilts ….but old ones want the hand work

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )