Cheddar Stars Revisited

On Dec 2 I posted about some antique quilt blocks that I purchased  (see them here:  https://timquilts.com/2012/12/02/more-quilt-blocks-cheddar-madder-and-old/)

Here are the blocks (click to enlarge)

Here they are being pieced

2013_0114cheddarstar-top0006 2013_0114cheddarstar-top0007 2013_0112cheddarstar-piecing0001 2013_0112cheddarstar-piecing0002

and this is the reproduction fabric I used for the border

009

And the finished top

2013_0114cheddarstar-top0008

I was unable to track down the source of the pattern for this but my quilting friend Meredithe from Australia(http://pomegranateandchintz.wordpress.com/)  was so taken by the blocks that she has produced a template set from them. She Just sent me a Set!

cheddar star templates chaeedar star label 1 cheddar star lable 2

Templates are available at various on-line shops and at local shops in Australia.  here is one site http://72.29.68.29/index.html?target=products&product_id=34850 (they do not have the correct picture but the templates are there)

Meredithe has some other sites listed on her website (see the sidebar on the right of her page)

23 thoughts on “Cheddar Stars Revisited

1. Teri powers says:

Tim, what kind of fabric are the blocks made from? The prints are different then I have seen before. Thanks for the pattern info

2. Michelle says:

What a great find! You did a wonderful job of piecing the blocks together and I love the border fabrics you picked out! Can’t wait to see how you quilt this one. 🙂

3. njquilter24 says:

I am so glad to see this quilt again! I LOVE this quilt
    so exciting that she made templates for the block, I have become a huge fan of templates! YOurs came out beautifully. love your choices for the border fabric.
    thanks for sharing again Tim…
    Kathie

Thanks Kathie!
      I love the fabrics in these blocks….Hard to go wrong with madder and cheddar!…..cant wait to quilt it….I had forgotten about it until I got the templates

4. Gerrie says:

I absolutely love your Cheddar Stars quilt!

[The picture of the templates on the link you posted is a pic of some other template set. Not your error—the web site’s error—but it might slow sales.]

Thanks!
      The templates are new so I dont think the site has a picture….it had a box that says no image available….but that is the correct set….but thanks for the heads up….I added a not that they picture is not correct 🙂

5. audrey says:

How cool is that about the templates? Your quilt is wonderful. This has been one of my favorites. Can’t wait to see how you quilt it!

It is pretty cool!….It continues to amaze me how far reaching a blog can be….someone made those blocks over 100 years ago and packed them away….They came to me via eBay…then I posted some pictures and now there is a template set in Australia made from the old pattern….it is really cool!
      Im thinking some sort of big feather designs in the borders for the quilting….in the blocks I think just simple outlining bu the piece to enhance the blocks

6. Thanks Tim – I just adore this quilt and the templates make it so easy to stitch up. So glad you like the set. Have fun quilting this one! Cheers, Meredithe

Thank You!
      I had almost forgotten about this quilt top because I got involved in others….but I really look forward to getting it done now….and your template set will make it easy for someone to make on for themselves! I think I want to do one myself in different colors…red and green and cheddar 🙂

7. Helen F says:

Tim I also love this quilt and fortunately my BFF is the one who made the template set so have a guess what I am going to make next?? Looking forward to see how you quilt this beautiful 100 year old quilt!!

wow that is great! the templates are great and I can imagine the pattern in several different color combinations…..Have fun with it…and I would love to see what you make!!

8. Janet says:

What a greatt block, I love the cheddars. You’re lucky to have got the templates, that’ll make for a faster quilt.

9. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Your cheddar star is one of my favorites. I look forward to seeing how you’ll quilt it. Thanks for the link to purchase the templates. Hi to Teddy 🙂

Wow, I just saw this. How cool is that?!

11. karen says:

Meredith just sent me a set too – I won from a giveaway she had – I enjoyed watching your progress – I’m not sure when I will start one – but it will be scrappy of course.

12. […] They arrived in the mail today – thanks Meredith.   She had seen the design on Tim’s page – Tim Latimer-Quilts etc. and asked if she could use them to design a set of templates and this is the result.  Tim’s […]

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )