Some Works In Progress

I have a giant pile of Works in Progress. Sometimes I wonder how this happens but I don’t wonder about it for long.  I have a lot of projects going on at once all the time because I have so many different ideas I want to try, and I am never at a loss for something to do.  I work on them on and off and at some point I get inspired to finish…usually once I get past the half way point in a project I push ahead until  it is done.  Anyway I am not worried about it, I finished 12 hand quilted quilts last year, and I expect to do as many this year.  I finished up another last night so I was looking at the projects to decide what is next.  here are a few of the candidates. (click pictures to enlarge)

The Quilt that I just finished is a donation quilt.  The group is having their 25th anniversary retreat at Mackinac Island and the quilt will be raffled as a fund-raiser. It is always fun to make a quilt for a cause.   I made it with a vintage quilt top and replaced the center with the yellow embroidered logo.

7-26-13 009

In floral design class I taught some different ways to arrange roses…here are some of the student designs

I think I will work on the sashing of the suspension bridge quilt today

14 thoughts on “Some Works In Progress

1. Di says:

I would love to see the vintage fan quilt finished. Your quilting is so amazing. Wish you were my neighbor, I could learn so much from you.

2. Teri Powers says:

It would be hard for me to choose. They are all beautiful. However I think it would be a little too warm to work on the wool one. I love Mackinal island. I live in Texas now but used to live in Toledo Ohio . I went there a few times with my family and with my husband before we were married in the late 70’s. would love to stay at that hotel. Would be an beautiful place for a quilt retreat!

3. gardnerpam6 says:

I love your donation quilt, of course I am a purple fan. I am also partial to the one with the red backing that you are free form quilting. I know about keeping busy-the days are never long enough. Besides “trying” to quilt at which I am really more of a color and design woman; I knit garden and read. I also need to Really clean and reorganize the whole house. The downstairs is packed with “treasures” that have not been seen since we moved in 8 plus yrs. ago plus things from various departed relatives. The 2 little dogs don’t get enough exercise, nor do I. I have a great hubby but he rarely helps me-sometimes in the garden when things get too heavy for me.
    Sorry so chatty.

4. Sharon in Michigan says:

You never sit on the couch with your hands in your lap for even 5 minutes, do you? I know the answer to that question. I admire you so much.

5. As I started to read I thought, Tim should do this one first, oh no, that one, oh no! that one, oh no!! that one!! If I can’t decide, how do you???! You are truly amazing – 12 quilts in one year????

I cant ever decide so I end up with a bunch going on all at once…and then I can work on lots and not get tired of them….but sometimes I get inspired and have to finish up one fast!….that is the case with the top I am piecing today…..I will post about this one soon

6. Marybeth says:

I can’t decide if you make me feel better … or worse! Thanks for sharing!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )