Suspension Bridge Variation ready to Quilt

I finished the Suspension Bridge variation top that I started a while back, (see the post here: https://timquilts.com/2013/04/29/suspension-bridge-variation/)

I’m anxious to get hand quilting on it, in fact the backing fabric is in the washing machine right now….and the batting is ready to go…..I  am using an off white backing and cotton batting.  I will have some quilting pictures to share soon, but for now here are some more pictures of the top (click pictures to enlarge)

19 thoughts on “Suspension Bridge Variation ready to Quilt

1. Ann Hancock says:

This turned out great Tim! Really bright, crisp, and the suspension arcs give it a lot of movement.

Thought of you yesterday…went to the Maine Quilt Show in Augusta. 900 quilts plus dozens of vendors (tempting!!). Almost a sensory overload…

I can’t wait to see how you magically transform that quilt with your quilting! 🙂

I am thinking that some fairy simple quilting is what I will go with….I wont know until I do it….Im not going to plan ahead….just going to let it happen

3. Sharon in Michigan says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I can’t wait to see it quilted. The second row of images look particularly nice – Teddy is right in front! I’m surprised you are able to sleep because, I bet, you have images and ideas constantly rolling thru your head. Thanks for sharing.

I do have quilts running through my head all the time!…..but Teddy makes me sleep….he doesnt like it when I stay up late because he can’t sleep If Im awake…he is afraid he is going to miss something

4. Teri Powers says:

Very nice. I love the pattern and the colors. I can’t wait to see it quilted. Please show us pictures as you go.

5. The colors are gorgeous. I have no idea how you get so much done. Either you don’t sleep or you have taught Teddy how to stitch! I am paring down my quilt fabric collection and putting it in my Etsy shop. Please have a look if you have a minute, but know I am not done listing,. My iron dared to DIE, probably from shock from so much ironing at one time. If you need a link, let me know. Teddy looks so cute.

6. Michelle says:

Love! Love! Love! The sawtooth and pink sashing just set those blocks off perfectly! I’m excited to see how you quilt it. 🙂

7. Janet says:

I’m really looking forward to seeing how you quilt this one :0) It is such a lovely top. I especially like the dark/light hst’s in the outer border – fun, quirky and interesting!

8. quiltsalott says:

What a fabulous quilt and I just know it’ll be totally transformed when you get some stitches in. I always love seeing how you decide to quilt your tops.

9. Deb Satka says:

Oh my goodness! I know this isn’t done yet but it is already absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love love love! Can’t wait to see how you hand quilt it!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )