Victorian Homes on the Island

This afternoon I took pictures of a few of the beautiful Victorian homes on Mackinac Island.   Some day When I win the lottery I might need to get one, Would be an amazing location for a quilt studio!

Click pictures to enlarge

Back to reality soon

18 thoughts on “Victorian Homes on the Island

Incredible houses! I would be content to living in one of the carriage houses! Makes you wonder who the architects of the time were who built these places! One trying to out build the other and the gardens are to die for! Did you get any history as to the age of the houses or when the Grand Hotel was built? I guess I could google it!

2. Victoria says:

Wow! haven’t heard of this place. I LOVE it! Looks like something frozen in time. Beautiful!!

3. Bertha Mallard says:

Mackinac Island is on my bucket list. However, I must learn to ride a bicycle first. Never learned as a child. Sad, isn’t it!!!. I had a beautiful bike but just never learned.

4. gardnerpam6 says:

It kind of reminds me of Newport R.I. (the mansions). I wonder how many people actually spend much time there that own those huge homes? I love the flowers, too. Hollyhocks are among my favorites.
    No cars? Amazing…the people who own the houses must all have horses?

it is a small island….8 miles in circumference….and well serviced by horse drawn taxi, I think it would not be hard to live without a car or a horse…I didn’t get pictures of the normal sized homes….but there are lots of them as well. If I had a home there I know I would be there all summer

5. Janet says:

I would love to visit here. Your pictures are lovely. Foxgloves are my favorite :0)

6. Babara says:

Many thanks for the beautiful photo essays Tim. I can’t wait to get there next Sunday and see what’s newly blooming in the gardens.

7. Diane says:

Thank you for sharing! I wonder if there are quilts in those stunning homes! I adore that the flowers are the old time favorites!

8. Carla says:

Love seeing the beautiful homes and landscaping! Now back to quilting!

9. Karen Beauregard says:

Hi, Tim – Seeing this post and your interest in these houses made me wonder if you’ve seen the mushroom houses in Charlevoix? If not, you have a one-of-a-kind incredible experience awaiting you when it fits your schedule. They are absolutely must-see experiences.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your award – your Tree of Life quilt is beautiful from the design to the execution. So glad to see it (you) also receive official recognition.

Will see you for the holiday classes – Karen Beauregard

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )