AQS Grand Rapids

Thank you to everyone who posted congratulatory comments!  I really appreciate that!!  I went to the show for a few hours today.  I had planned to go on Friday only but I was too excited to wait.   I did some shopping and I will post pictures of all the treasures soon, but for now I had to post a picture of my Tree of Life quilt with a ribbon on it!  I quilt for the love of it, and enter shows mainly because I like to represent hand quilting,  but I must say a ribbon does feel pretty good.  I hope to get a chance to meet some of you Friday in Grand Rapids.

Tree of life GR 002 Tree of life GR 001

69 thoughts on “AQS Grand Rapids

1. Cathi says:

How marvellous to see it with the ribbon! Congratulations again!

2. adaisygarden says:

Well-deserved, I must say! Absolutely spectacular quilt.

3. Chuck says:

Tim,
    Congratulations! After seeing your quilt today at the show, I too would agree that you deserve the award. I’m sorry I missed you, I would like to meet a fellow man quilter. I’m not sure if I’m staying until Friday as today took a toll on me; although, my credit card didn’t melt yet. If we don’t meet Friday, I’ll see you soon as my guild has booked you for a trunk show.

Chuck
    Madison Heights, MI

4. Look at that HUGE BLUE RIBBON!! (omg) Star!!

5. Renie says:

OMG—a true Masterpiece!

6. SusanJ says:

Congratulations !! What a terrific job, it’s really unbelievable and quite an accomplishment!

7. Arendt Marie Christine says:

congratulation from Belgium.I am a handkilter to,and yours is a tresor.
    Marie Christine

8. bjmonitas says:

Your wallhanging is just wonderfull! And the ribbon fits perfectly ;)! Kindest bjmonitas

9. audrey says:

Very rewarding. This quilt is extremely special and because it’s been your baby from the start, the ribbon should feel extra special good.:)

Congrats again, the ribbon looks like it was made just for that quilt! Is it possible to enter it into the Des Moines AQS quilt show? Then I could see it in person as I usually make it to that show!

11. Kathleen Campbell says:

Good Morning Tim,
    This morning I am looking at your background quilting-it is really TERRIFIC! This quilt deserves to be entered in many shows.

12. Donna K says:

Hi Tim

Yippee! This quilt finally got a ribbon, and a blue one at that. (Blue is the color that it deserved). I was so amazed that it didn’t ribbon in PA.
    I am so glad you are finally getting this reaffirmation of your talent publicly. For those of us who read your blog. … It’s about time!
    So happy for you.
    Can’t get to the show this year but its on next years calendar.
    Way to go!

13. Sharon in Michigan says:

You are an amazing, talented man. Oh, I forgot – patient! You had to be patient to complete that project – it’s one of a kind.

14. Your quilting is awesome! Think of how many people your quilt will encourage and inspire. Maybe there will be a quiet revolution of ‘getting’ hand quilting. I dropped off a quilt for a show last Saturday and a lady came rushing up to ask who did the long arm quilting. I was so surprised, all I could utter was that it was hand quilted.

Vicki Q.

15. Wanda says:

Congratulations Tim! You represent all of us hand quilters who are passionate about what we do. The ribbon is a nice affirmation that others appreciate your art and workmanship. Enjoy your moment in the spotlight!

16. Tica says:

Congratulations- your handwork is inspiring!

17. Pam Gagnier says:

WoW!!!! So beautiful. I’m so glad I found your blog – love, love, love your quilt & garden pics – keeps me in touch with Michigan and as I’ve said before – You Inspire Me to do more hand quilting. And can’t forget sweet Teddy – my favorite breed. A little sad I couldn’t get back for a visit this week, but may get in touch when I do to see if you have any shows or anything I might attend.

18. Louise says:

We are very proud of you. Because you share with us on your blog I feel like all of us have a part in your quilting. So nice having you represent us in hand quilting. You are an inspiration!
    I wished I lived close enough to go see it in person.

19. Victoria says:

Duhhhh! No surprises here! Tim, you are a master at hand quilting and your Tree of Life is a MASTERPIECE!!! Congratulations! for a much deserved honor! Signed: SuperTimfan!

20. Florence says:

Great news! So happy to hear your prize-winning handquilting got the deserved honors and blue ribbon.

21. Diane says:

I love the classic simplicity and elegance of this quilt and that it’s hand quilted — the love shines through. Heartiest congratulations!!!

22. heartsease57 says:

Congratulations on your win. I have watched the progress on this quilt the whole time you were working on it. I was thrilled for you when I saw you posted as a winner on the AQS site. This is so well deserved.

I think blue ribbons go very well with all your quilts, Tim. I hope as many as possible get to pair up with their appropriate accessory.

Thanks!….already thinking about how to get the next one…..I need to finish this whole cloth up for the next AQS season

• Kristen says:

Yes, that’s what I was thinking. Really knock their socks off in the bed quilt category next time. You’re only a few (hundred) hours away from finishing it, right?

A few hundred for sure….maybe more…that trapunto takes a long time for me …but it will be so worth the effort

24. gardnerpam6 says:

It is an awesome quilt! Thanks for sharing your beautiful ribbon with us.

25. Caroline says:

What a beautiful quilt. A well deserved award 🙂

26. Gretchen McClain says:

You can’t hear congratulations too many times. Your quilting is outstanding and well deserved. I’m so happy for you! Gretchen in PA

27. Wendy says:

Beautiful quilt and congratulations for a much deserved award. I too hand quilt and know how much work goes into it. Lovely ribbon.

28. […] win the Beast hand workmanship award at AQS Quilt week in Grand Rapids. (you can see the quilt here https://timquilts.com/2013/08/14/aqs-grand-rapids-2/) Today the November issue of  American Quilter Magazine arrived in the mail.  My quilt is on page […]

29. Eileen Mele says:

So proud of you, and your beautiful work! Do you fancy what anonymous people think! I feel peaceful when I see your garden, guess you have to do it for those of us with black thumbs. Old and creaky is a Legimate excuse, is it not? Thanks for loving quilts, they are worthwhile!

30. Geri says:

Fabulous!! You should enter into all the AQS shows and make it a clean sweep — have every confidence in you.! Congrats!!!

31. Sharon Snow says:

Congratulations, Tim. I’ll have to look at Magazine & check it out. You deserve it, you do awesome work! Keep it up.

Comments