Hand Quilting and Trapunto

I have been working away on the whole cloth quilt.  I added some more of the trapunto on this section.  I think you can see that I did part of the outline on this feather (the one with the seam down the center)

8-27-13 008

I don’t know who it was but someone must have posted a link to my Trapunto video( https://timquilts.com/2013/03/26/trapunto-video/ ) on a Facebook page somewhere because it got over 550 views in the last 2 days, so whoever it was thanks!

Here are a bunch more pictures of the progress (click to enlarge)

Sometimes when I am quilting away someone likes to get right up close and let me know he is there.

8-27-13 014

Happy quilting

15 thoughts on “Hand Quilting and Trapunto

1. rafael's mum says:

I did come across the video again Tim but have forgotten how it happened… I remember thinking ‘I already have seen this’ so it must have been attached to something. I did watch your interview with your winning tree quilt (Congratulations, it’s beautiful!) so it is possible it was mentioned there. I’ll let you know if I trace it back. Love to Teddy from Rafa.xx

2. Sharon in Michigan says:

The trapunto is gorgeous! I’m speechless, as usual. That Teddy face, so close but so far away, deserves a big smooch from me. He is so darn cute! You are both lucky to have each other.

3. Kathi says:

tim where did you say you buy the sulky 5 roving yarn? Love your trapunto vid and technique… thanks for sharing! Needed the review before I start my own project 🙂 Kathi

4. Carla says:

I know that look! Precious!

5. Joana says:

I love the pictures, Tim–the updates are great. I have a question–how tightly do you stuff these areas? I mentioned on CHQ when i posted pictures that I’m making a whole cloth baby quilt, and I wanted the bow/ribbon to stand out somewhat. But I don’t want the baby bumping her poor little head on the trapunto if it’s too hard! Any advice?

I am stuffing it very full!…perhaps much more than I need to do. I think from what I saw of the pictures you posted that you are stuffing it plenty…it adds fullness and stands out….so I would continues as you are doing…I think in future quilts I will also try to stuff less…it takes a lot of yarn and time to fill them up like I am on this one

6. Ann Hancock says:

How can one resist that little face, indeed? He’s saying “Hey Dad, Time Out!” 🙂

7. Anne Kasten says:

oh what a face that teddy has!
    and oh what gorgeous work you do!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )