AQS Modern Quilt Challenge

I entered a quilt in the AQS Modern Quilt Challenge https://www.americanquilter.com/promos/2013_modern_quilt_challenge/ and I got my acceptance letter today.  The quilts will be on display at Des Moines QuiltWeek  http://aqsshows.com/AQSDesMoines/show-info/2011-quilt-show/   I had not planned to attend but now I might change my mind.

Here are some pictures of the quilt in progress and finished.   Click pictures to enlarge

Now I need to add a hanging sleeve and get it ready to ship

Happy quilting

29 thoughts on “AQS Modern Quilt Challenge

1. Good luck! I feel another “win” coming.

2. ashley828 says:

looks great! But, your doggy just sees 50 shades of gray :O

3. Amazing as always, Tim! I am so glad you joined the FB group so I could find out about you. I love your work, and so much appreciate your willingness to field questions from people without your talent and experience. Your artistic vision is so inspirational. I have a large-scale fabric that I have been puzzling over, and this quilt has given me good ideas. It won’t look like yours (I’m not that talented!) but I’m looking forward to developing my own version. Best of luck with your entry!

Thank you!….i puzzled over that big piece of fabric for a year before I decided on this….I think your large scale will work great with this method 🙂

Great! I will get to see it in person with the ribbon!

5. Ann Hancock says:

WOW! Another entry—let’s hope for another win!
    Congratulations!

6. quilt4di@verizon.net says:

looks gre

7. bjmonitas says:

another piece of art! My fingers are crossed that you gonna get another ribbon. Good Luck! kindest bjmonitas

8. I will look for it there, and will hope to meet you, as well! Congratulations and good luck.

9. Sharon in Michigan says:

You’re just setting the quilting world on fire, aren’t you? Congrats. I wish you the best.

10. michele duffy says:

gorgeous! Wish I was attending the show so that I might drool over it in person. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts for another win coming your way!

Excellent! This quilt shows such amazing vision — really a step beyond. I hope it wins. Another step towards Tim’s AQS domination!

12. Suzanne says:

I wish you the best of luck. It is a very striking quilt, color, design and texture. I am always envious of those who can attend all these great shows. I enjoy them via those who share their photos and experiences online.

thanks….I am not sure I will be able to make it to the show……it is quite a drive….and I need to see if I can arrange the time…but if I do I will try to get some pictures to share

13. Yay!! Fingers crossed for you.

PS Watched the video of you at the recent show the other day – great to be able to see and hear you!!

Comments