Some Stats and an update

I started quilting about 7 years ago and I started my blog in March of 2011.  In the beginning I didn’t have any idea if anyone but a few quilting friends would ever read my blog, but It was a good way to keep a record of what I was doing.  If I ever need to remember when I finished a quilt, or what batting I used, or what thread etc, I can go back to my blog and look it up.  In that respect the blog is a great help to me.

In the first Month of blogging I got 157 page views and I thought that was pretty amazing!  Last night I was looking at my blog stats and I almost hit 40,000 views for the month of august.

400k

And over 400,000 since I started

400k month

And I am amazed at the number of countries that readers come from

country

I thank you all for reading!  I never imagined that so many people would be interested in my quilting journey….but I sure have enjoyed sharing it!

Now to update the whole cloth….here are some pictures of the part that I have yet to quilt (click to enlarge)

Teddy says hi…but he just woke up from his afternoon nap to see what I was doing….

9-1-13 007

29 thoughts on “Some Stats and an update

1. Amazing. There are an awful lot of quilt blogs out there, so building that audience is pretty impressive. I started my quilt blog in July so am still getting going. I’ve been really pleased so far.

Thanks for providing a high-quality blog for us to enjoy.

2. Teri Powers says:

That is amazing. I have just discovered blogs and your is really the first one. It is a great way to keep track of your quilting details. I never knew that until you spelled it out. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Teri, I find that since I started blogging I have been more detail oriented….I think things through better because I try to think about how I will write about what I am doing in a way that I can make it clear….So I think it has made me better at quilting. Thanks for visiting!!

3. Melissa says:

Handquiltling is a dying art so it’s lovely to see someone so passionate and talented — and willing to share pictures, techniques and encouragement. Many quilters don’t enjoy handwork and find even handsewing the binding to be a pain. You’re keeping a wonderful part of quilt history alive.

Tim’s gone viral! You do need to photoshop your face onto that Superman with the quilts.

5. Sharon in Michigan says:

Those stats right there let you know just how many followers you have, so with that – I urge you to write a book we can all purchase. I know I keep buggin you about it, but hop right on it – would you?? Hi to my pal, Teddy.

6. Carla says:

I started a blog for the same reason to have a great journal of my quilting journey. My daughter has a family blog to help document her children’s growing years. Her husband had the first year published in a book, it was a bit expensive but wouldn’t it be great for someone to find that trunk in your attic in the future and open a book up and realize it was the story of all the quilts in the trunk. I would to have to sit down right there and read the whole thing as I emptied the trunk. Just think of the stories all the antique quilts out there would have to tell. Oh my I need to come back to reality and get some stitching done!

7. Carolanne says:

I have been ‘quietly’ following your so interesting blog. Love your work. You make your quilts ‘live’ with your quilting and make it seem so do-able and inspirational.

8. Kathi says:

So glad your blog is doing so well… you mad quilting and gardening plans may have something to do with it! Can you explain how you do the stipple effect in the first pic of this post… I have seen you use that stitch making very dense quilting all over an area but I don’t understand how to achieve the look… do you have anything written on that already? If not is it called something more specific… stippling just brings up FMQ! lol Thanks for always writing something worth reading! Kathi

9. Dora Valverde Mendez says:

Once again, Big Thank You for sharing tour talents! And if you think we use a 4 letter word, think Of double it.
    Like this: hand quilt
    1234+1234=8

10. M J says:

What a talent you have!

11. gladiporsche says:

Hi Tim. A belated congratulations to you on your award for best hand workmanship at the recent AQS show. How wonderful! It’s really validating to get such an honor at a major show like that. Well deserved from what I can see on your blog! I hope to see your work in person at a show some day. Gladi Porsche

12. Lisa Mikel says:

Congratulations on your blogs success! We enjoy all the pictures and tips you give us. We also love Teddy. Your quilt is very beautiful, I love seeing your progress. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day.

Comments