Quilting Finished…

I finished all the hand quilting  on the whole cloth quilt.  I am now ready to add the binding and do all the trapunto (see this for trapunto demo: https://timquilts.com/2013/03/26/trapunto-video/)

Here is  what it looks like now (click pictures to enlarge)

I will not do a standard applied binding.  I am using piping.  I hand stitch the piping to the top only following the contour of the design

binding piping 001

after that is done I will trim the excess to the edge of the raw edge of the piping (all 3 layers)  then turn the raw edge in fold the backing under and hand sew it to the edge of the piping.  Not ready to do that yet but here is a picture of the top turned so you can get the idea

binding piping 002

This is not a fast process because it is all by hand.  I will post some updates soon

22 thoughts on “Quilting Finished…

1. Kathi says:

Looks like another masterpiece in the making! Love the piping for the edge of the quilt- your creativity is just amazing!

2. Prairie Quilter/Nebraska says:

Breathtaking! Love the piped edge.

3. Mary Britton says:

I love the piped binding. Is that also put on by hand, or could you do it by machine? I understand why you would need to do the rest by hand.

I have to put it on by hand….because I only want the stitching to be through the top layer….I cant figure how I would be able to do that on the machine without catching some of the backing or batting…also by hand I can better get my stitches to the edge of the cord in the piping…I can never seem to get close enough with the machine

Outstanding and sure to be a big ribbon piece!

5. Ann Hancock says:

Wow! Wow, wow, wow! This is outstandingly gorgeous!

6. vanessa says:

This is another master piece of work and I love the idea of using piping for the binding. Please post photos as you go, I’m learning so much from our Facebook page and following your pages! So blessed to have found both!

7. Sharon in Michigan says:

There’s the next winner! Fabulous, just fabulous.

8. Louise says:

It is another master piece!
    Unique idea with the piping will just set it off!

9. KerryCan says:

Unbelievable! That is just stunning and on its way to be even more so, I can see!

10. Helen F says:

Your whole cloth quilt is sooo amazing!!!!! I luuuv the trapunto, your beautiful stitching and the piping binding is going to be fantastic!!! This quilt is going to be another “BLUE” ribbon!!!!!!

11. Suzanne says:

This is definitely a blue ribbon. I hope you enter it in Lancaster, then I may have a chance to see it in person.
    So beautiful.