The most expensive quilt fabric ever

When Teddy sees the groomer he gets a new neckerchief.  It makes him feel pretty stylish!  He struts around waiting to have his picture taken.

teddy fabric 003 teddy fabric 002 teddy fabric 001

after a few days he is over it and I have been saving up those little pieces of fabric to make into a quilt some day.

Today I decided to figure out how much they cost and it works out to about $400 per yard.  Of course the real cost is for the grooming, but I still can’t imagine ever being able to find more expensive quilt fabric!

I will have to find a very special pattern for them!

30 thoughts on “The most expensive quilt fabric ever

1. Pamela S says:

He looks very smart! What a fun idea to make a quilt from his kerchiefs ~

2. That’s a great story! Today I will fly home to NZ for a two week holiday and collect my two little griffon dogs on the way. They board while I’m in Japan. I love photos of your dog and your wonderful quilts.

3. Joana says:

So sweet! Teddy may turn me into a “dog person” after all. Do you think he and my husband are conspiring?

4. Carla says:

So handsome and photogenic!

And you realize that once the quilt is finished it will belong to Teddy because you would never have all of the expensive fabric if you didn’t have him!

6. Pam Gagnier says:

Teddy is so awesome! Can’t wait to see what you come up with for his neckerchiefs!

7. Sharon in Michigan says:

Teddy looks so dapper! He deserves to be draped in $400/yd kerchiefs. Nothing too good for the “quilt inspector”. You can tell I’m a dog lover first, quilt lover second.

8. jojo says:

I just love his face….such a handsome young man. Those neckerchiefs would make a great kite quilt.

9. 18th century indigo resist may be more expensive, LOL, but Teddy looks great!

10. Wow – that is expensive!! But Teddy does look so handsome.

11. Louise says:

Teddy is worth it!
    My daughter has a mini Schnauzer who is all black named Jack. I call him Black Jack. LOL.
    She has done the same thing by saving all his kerchiefs to someday make him his own quilt.
    Yep, a very expensive quilt!

very expensive, but very worth it!….I have thought about learning to cut Teddy’s hair myself….but his groomer does shuch a good job and he really behaves so well for her (he wont sit still for me) its worth the cost

12. Lisa Mikel says:

What a great idea about making a quilt from them. Teddy looks adorable as always.

13. Eileen Mele says:

That is such afunny story! Your dog doesn’t realize how well he’s taken care of!

14. Kathy Johnston says:

Great picture of Teddy he looks so eager for the picture. Thanks for the laugh 🙂 Can’t wait to see the quilt.

15. Jeanette says:

And it is worth every penny ! He looks so handsome !

Comments