Love Ring

I got yet another vintage quilt top in the mail. Perhaps I bought it because the colors look like Fall.   It is a large top,96″ x 106″.  The pattern is called Love ring.    This one I can get a pretty good date on.  The seller included the magazine pages that the maker got the pattern from.  Woman’s Day/March 1976

some alternate ways to set the blocks

There is a quilt in the Quilt Index that is nearly Identical

Included in the auction was the matching backing fabric. It is well made and flat so I can hand quilt it any time.

Backing Fabric is on the right

Backing Fabric is on the right

The Fabric is a poly blend as I would expect from 1976.  It is all hand pieced.  I can see that the maker marked the pieces for cutting with a black pen.  Here are a bunch of pictures of the front and back (click pictures to enlarge)

When I pick up a quilt top and the camera and head to the wall to hang it for pictures, Teddy runs ahead of me to make sure he gets his picture too….he thinks it’s his job.

I started to play with the fabrics I wrote about yesterday

love ring 029 love ring 030 love ring 031

More to come about that one

25 thoughts on “Love Ring

1. fibercrush says:

I’m sure those pieces were cut with scissors. Imagine marking and cutting all those curves and then hand-sewing them. Looks very well put together. It looks quite plain with just the three colours but I’m sure you’ll fix that with your hand-quilting!

yes they were cut by scissors ….no rotary cutters back then…..but its not that Hard…I have done it, just time consuming. It is funny how different people see things differently….I don’t find it “plain” at all…in fact I find it to be quite an interesting and lively design

2. EndoWife says:

Love the pattern! My great aunt made one (by hand) for my baby quilt back in the 80s. I commend a woman (or man) who can do that!

3. Melissa Slofkosky says:

I think the colors are great for a Fall quilt. I can tell Teddy loves to be in the photos. I like the spider web one and interested in seeing how it turns out.

The colors are great…not easy to get a good representation in a photo…..but they are pretty close. I might need to figure out a fall leaf design for quilting.
      Teddy does love to have his picture taken….I have to tell him to stop posing 😉

4. Florence says:

As always, love the quilt but love Teddy more! The blocks you are making are outstanding, can’t wait to see more.

5. gardnerpam6 says:

That Teddy is a doll!

6. audrey says:

Love the burnt orange! Wonderful that it’s flat and ready to quilt. Teddy obviously has his job figured out.:)

7. Francie says:

The new quilt is nice….but I REALLY like the Spider Web you are making now. Your fabrics are perfect for it….very calming…ahhhh

8. Jeanette says:

When our group was meeting , we made drunkards path in more ways than you can count. Very intriguing. However , no dog, my cat got into everyones bag to see what she brought…Miss the friends and the challenges.

Very interesting pattern!
    But the one you just started making is just wonderful and I can’t wait to see what you do with it!!!

Teddy is taking his queue and doing his job!

11. Victoria Webster says:

I love the beginnings of your project with Cherrywood. I love that little Teddy also!

12. Alex says:

Teddy – oh so handsome. A job well done.

Comments