Trapunto update

Trapunto work continues on the whole cloth quilt.  I bought more yarn (7 skeins). I have used 3 already.

I think you can see in the picture how much additional loft is added

Here are some more pictures (click to enlarge)

I have been playing with the new quilt as well…..I find it fun to arrange the blocks in different ways.

None of these are the final plan, I still have 4 colors of the hand dyed fabrics to use,  but here are pictures (click to enlarge)

Happy quilting

19 thoughts on “Trapunto update

Your whole cloth is insane…in a nice way!

2. Carla says:

Trapunto does use the yarn. I almost used a whole skein on my four wreaths. I like the colors and fabrics in your new quilt. The second picture on the top row looks like you made stars is my favorite setting so far!

Thanks…I am liking that one as well….but I need to make the blocks with the other colors and lay out a larger section before I decide…so much more fun to do it that way than to have a rigid plan

3. gardnerpam6 says:

your trapunto quilt is awesome

4. Heather says:

Your trapunto wholecloth is absolutely stunning, a wonderful design and perfect stitching. Thanks for sharing this,

5. sewfrench says:

Unbelievable, Tim.
    Hope you walk away with all the ribbons with this one!

6. Unbelievable, Tim! Now I absolutely *must* make a wholecloth quilt.

7. Kristal says:

I’ve been reading your blog for a couple months and just wanted to let you know that it amazes me what you do. Truly some of the most impressive detail.
    Thanks so much for sharing and love your assistant 🙂

8. Fotoula says:

I live in Greece,and i would like to tell me from where can i bye tools and more for this kind of quilting.
    Fotoula

9. Kathi says:

Thanks for showing some of the “possible” designs for your new quilt top…. I was gonna say use that batik but I see you did with cream and it looks fabulous that way! Can;t wait to see which layout if any of those you choose for this quilt top!

Love your trapunto and all the wholecloth work you do… one day soon I hope to get up the nerve to start mine 🙂 Kathi

Thanks Kathi
      the fabric that looks like cream is actually a pale green…as I get further into the fabric is will be darker and darker,,,the fabric is gradated ombre and these first few cuts are in the lighter part….it should add a nice variety

10. Kathi says:

If that is the case the diamonds might turn out best… ombre design 🙂 Can’t wait to see what the fabric says to you! Kathi

Comments