Double Wedding Ring Top

Even though I have several double wedding ring quilt tops already I couldn’t pass up this one.

DWR Oragge 001

I think it was the orange that did it.  It is a large top at 91″ x 102″.  The outer orange border was marked to make a scalloped edge.

Making more progress on adding the trapunto….This will need to be blocked when I finish to get it flat again, I have been twisting and pulling it in all directions to get the stuffing in.  Overall it’s looking good,

??????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
Teddy had to take a look

DWR Oragge 012

24 thoughts on “Double Wedding Ring Top

1. Kathi says:

Looks like you and your quilt may meet your October deadline for being ready for the show! How exciting 🙂 Love your newly acquired quilt top. Could you do a post sometime on how to find a good quality quilt top on Ebay or Etsy and how you find reputable tops to buy there since you have so much experience? I would love to learn more about that as piecing is not my gig… I love the hand quilting… but don’t know what to look for when shopping for a quilt top. Have been looking at Goodwill but no luck finding one in the flesh yet so online I may go 🙂 Thanks for listening! Kathi

2. Laura Gottlieb says:

Your trapunto quilt is simply spectacular, Tim. I’m sure it will win an award. And Seeing Teddy always makes my day.

3. Kathleen Campbell says:

Trapunto quilt is looking beautiful! The orange DWR is a good buy – I like.

4. Suzanne says:

All i can say is wow! That is one of the most elegant quilts I have ever seen. Lovely DWR top. That will be a heart stopper too when you quilt it!

5. Susan says:

Over all, it is amazing the work you are doing….

6. Annette Johnston says:

Love the orange in the DWR, Tim. Good choice to grab that one. The more I see orange in a quilt, or cheddar, the more I like the quilt.
    Your trapunto is coming along nicely. I’ve enjoyed seeing your progress..
    Annette

7. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

Your whole cloth is so amazing. I just love it. I’m pretty fond of that little guy with the kerchief also 🙂

8. Carla says:

Your trapunto is coming along. It is very time consuming Love the orange too. I am working on pumpkin peel that has a solid cheddar background. It makes me happy!

9. karen says:

love the whole cloth!!!

10. Donna K says:

Hi Tim
    Love the whole cloth quilt.
    Speaking of posts as one person before me, can you detail in a post just how you do blocking?
    Years ago when I worked in a needlepoint store we washed and blocked needlepoint before mounting or installing the piece in a frame, or pillow, etc. We would mount it wet on to a foam core board and stretch it to be square while wet. I can’t imagine this process on a quilt so I need to read about your process.
    Thanks for posting so often…..a fan of yours.

Comments