More Feathers

I am adding more feathers.  I need to do a lot more fill but I can see how it will look now and I am very pleased.  These pictures didn’t turn out very good, but you can see that the fabric is a tan color, not white.

more red perle cotton 002 more red perle cotton 003 more red perle cotton 004 New_1_more red perle cotton 001 New_1_more red perle cotton 002now I need to get back to finishing the trapunto on the other quilt!

10 thoughts on “More Feathers

1. Kathi says:

Fabulous quilting Tim… love watching your progress! Mostly glad you are feeling up to pulling and tugging with the trapunto on that big quilt… take it slow 🙂 Kathi

2. Pam Gardner says:

lovely and how do your hands, wrists and fingers take it?

3. Diane says:

I wonder if this will “flatten” — I have a full size I machine quilted feathers all over batted with one layer of Hobbs 80/20 — had gorgeous poof initially and as washed flattened out — now have a different smaller quilt batted with Hobbs 80/20 and Hobbs wool over it — nice poofy feathers love running my hands over it — afraid to wash it . . .This is glorious! Love the red perle cotton! Festive!
    How are you going to wash your trapunto quilt — it’s so incredible!
    Did you ever notice the resemblance of the Frosty Paw dog and Teddy?

it is very flat now, silk batting is extremely thin so it is not poofy at all. The trapunto quilt will go in the washing machine and drier

Don’t know what “frosty paw dog” is

• Diane says:

Is the silk batt as flat as the wool? Question — your incredible trapunto quilt — into washer and dryer — what are you using to stuff with and did you pre wash the stuffing? (if needed?) I only tried that technique a few times and did love the texture . . .

Frosty Paws are dog ice cream treats — in a blue box in the frozen food/ice cream section — the logo dog so reminds me of Teddy!

Stitch on!

silk batt is much much much flatter than wool, as thin as any I have seen, where as wool is among the thickest.
        Here is the Trapunto demo, so you can see how I am doing it…with yarn (not washed)
        Teddy’s Favorite treat is celery so I have never looked at commercial dog treats 😉

4. Megan F says:

Really love this project. It’s looking great!

5. Victoria says:

Really love seeing how using safety pins can hold things together as you hand quilt. No more hand basting for me

Comments