Des Moines AQS

AQS quilt week is in Des Moines Iowa.  I have a quilt in the modern quilt challenge so I made the trip to see it.  It is always fun to see your quilt hanging in a show.

Des Moines 2013 001Des Moines 2013 002

As always this is hand quilted, and it is all pieced (no applique)

I usually purchase fabric and thread when I am at an AQS show but today I purchased an antique quilt top.

Cindy Adams of Mountain Lodge Antiques in Littleton CO had a great booth with antique quilts and quilt tops.  I had to make myself only buy one.

Des Moines 2013 004

I love the green …and all the fabrics. (click pictures to  enlarge)

It’s a good-sized top, 90″ x 78″ , from about 1880-90’s

Looking forward to quilting this one.  Tomorrow I might buy a few “new” things

I am offering a few Holiday Floral design classes in December.   here is the information

35 thoughts on “Des Moines AQS

1. kathi says:

just wonderful!! can’t wait to see what you will do with this one!!

2. Nicole says:

I’m sorry your quilt didn’t win anything (mine didn’t either). But I’ve never seen a churn dash on point before and I love it! So that’s a win right there.

3. Connie Johnson says:

One of my all time favorite patterns. I too love green. The fabrics are just my style. How lucky you are. What size are the blocks ? Looks like large setting triangles create the zig zag effect, right ?

4. Streak of lightning setting! I did one once. This is before quilting:

Not sure that link will work.

Heading to Des Moines in the morning. I’ll look forward to seeing your quilt, as well as my sister’s!

5. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

Your quilt looks fabulous hanging on display! Your purchase is fabulous as well. Enjoy the show.

Heading to Des Moines on Friday. Hope to see your quilt, Should I pin a ribbon on it anyway from your blog watchers?

7. You find the BEST old quilts and make fabulous new quilts. Enjoy seeing your work!

8. Marie says:

Congrats on you quilt entry….looks fabulous. Love that old antique quilt top. Will be looking forward to seeing the journey.

9. Pam Gardner says:

your quilt entry looks great, Tim. I love the quilt top you bought too

10. Sue Matlock says:

Your quilt does look great hanging in the show. And your purchase is wonderful. Have a good time shopping tomorrow and trapunto-ing tonight.

11. Francie says:

It was great seeing the pictures of your quilt hanging in the show, Tim.
    Now I am only going to say this once…..yes, the top is a beauty but…I believe that you are now up to1000 AND ONE!!!! Just saying….LOL

12. audrey says:

Great new top. I can see why you had to buy it! Your quilt looks wonderful hanging in the show. Congrats on it being accepted and hung!

13. What fun to go to another AQS show in Des Moines. I love your antique quilt top purchase. I love this pattern. A quality purchase vs quantity.

14. Jessi says:

Heading to Des Moines tomorrow. Can’t wait to see your quilt!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )