Will It ever end?

Still working on adding the trapunto.  I don’t think I will ever finish, at least it is beginning to feel that way.  I worked on it for 14 hours yesterday and so far 5 hours today.  I have to say it is not fun anymore, but I have a deadline to get it entered in an AQS show.

The lesson learned I guess is that I should not work with a deadline because it becomes work rather than fun. I might need to miss the deadline and work on something else for a while.  When it becomes not fun it becomes much more difficult to do a good job.

That being said here are some pictures

you can see some of the areas that still need to be finished.  (click pictures to enlarge)

????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ????????????? ??????????????????????????

and now that I have vented that it is a lot of work and a big pain, I can get back to work on it

40 thoughts on “Will It ever end?

1. The quilt is beautiful. You are always an inspiration.

2. Laura Gottlieb says:

Take a break. You’re right: quilting should be fun, not work. You’re doing a beautiful job, but enjoy working on something else for a while, and come back to it when you’re ready. There are multiple AQS shows per year. You’ll have it ready for one of them!

3. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

Wow! I love it.

4. Kathleen Campbell says:

Congratulations on your Grand rapids win for your Tree of Life quilt. It certainly deserved a win.

5. Teri Powers says:

It looks wonderful but I agree with your should be fun

6. NikkiM says:

Looking good! One thing I have learned no method is perfect! When you have all the time in the world it also becomes a drag! So at least with a deadline it gets done!

7. jean says:

Wow, it’s beautiful. I would say, take a break, and finish on your time and enter the next show.

8. Francie says:

You KNOW how beautiful it is, Tim. We are just confirming the fact.
    But, it is time to take a break….at least for a day or two. You will have renewed desire for the project…hopefully, just like when you started.
    Take care. 😀

9. This is stunning! What size is that crosshatching?

10. ann in PA says:

If you feel you need a break, then you probably do, so treat yourself and Teddy to some playtime and fun. Take care of yourself! Your workmanship is beautiful!

11. Susan says:

You have it all figured out… if you are considering skipping this dead line do it now…. that way you are more inclined to go back to the project and finished it in a reasonable amount of time. It is an amazing piece and not many would stick with it and do a good job! Just be sure and show us the finished work when ever that happens !! LOL

12. marilee botos says:

You cannot see the forest through the trees! I can get bogged down, but when I step away and look at it, literally, from a distance, I am impressed all over again.

13. karen says:

that is the reason I never work a deadline – when it becomes work it no longer is stress free fun

14. Carolyn Black says:

Work for your pleasure, Tim. That way, it’s always enjoyable.

15. It’s looking stunning Tim! You know what they say – you eat an elephant one teaspoon at a time!!

16. Jill Buckalew says:

Incredibly beautiful design and work.

17. Janet says:

It’s gorgeous Tim and the edging treatment you’ve given it is stunning. It’s a big commitment doing that much trapunto, I hope you see big progress soon.

18. Carla says:

I agree, forget the deadline! Let it get completed it in it’s own time.

19. Pam Gardner says:

it is very beautiful tim and well worth the effort but perhaps you should make a vow to yourself-No More Deadlines-personally I hate them! Keep on stitchin’

20. Gai Haines says:

It’s a wonderful quilt, and I agree, it has to be fun. I’ve done a lot of trapunto, and I agree, you get to the stage where you think what was I thinking of? Enter for next year and keep loving what you do. Gai

21. audrey says:

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous–front and back. So much wonderful detail! I agree that deadlines seem to suck the joy out of hand quilting, even more than with other types of quilting.:)

22. Bunny says:

I am in aww at your beautiful work, so much talent. Nice to have found this blog. I am sure this is a WINNER.
    Bunny

23. glendajean says:

Tim this quilt is to die for, it is incredibly beautiful, what a treat it was to come and admire it, a quilting friend from Canada sent me the link; what an inspiration you must be to all hand quilters around the globe, I’m a lover of hand quilting but I’m not any where near your league. Thanks for sharing the photo’s you have made my day. Cheers Glenda Australia

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )