Red Thread

Now that the whole cloth quilt is finished I am back to work on the whole cloth with the red thread.

I started it on Sept 30 (https://timquilts.com/2013/09/30/sometimes-i-get-carried-away/) and got back to it today.

I don’t have a design, just an idea in my head of where I am going with it.Β  It is nice to be free of the need for accuracy…it is a nice change from the last quilt.

Here are a few pictures (click to enlarge)

It won’t be a large quilt, only about 60″ square so It should not take long to finish.Β  Teddy seems to approve…..

Teddy

34 thoughts on “Red Thread

It looks like Teddy has snagged this quilt, too, so you better quilt his name in it somewhere so he knows that it belongs to him!

2. Prairie Quilter/Nebraska says:

With admiration, Tim. You are like the energizer bunny! πŸ™‚

3. Martyne Bailey says:

Oh that is so stunning. You motivate me to try Tim!

4. mehitabel says:

That’s a stunning quilt! I love quilting with colored threads–it adds a whole other dimension. Back when I was teaching hand quilting, I used to supply a spool of colored quilting thread in the kits I’d make up. One woman became quite incensed and informed me quite authoratively that quilting MUST be done with ONLY white thread! (She threatened to have me fired for my heresy…)

I have seen several antique quilts quilted with black thread, so white is not always even the traditional choice (but I usually do use white)….in this quilt the thread is the only color so I think it works well…in a pieced quilt colored thread does tend to be a distraction at times if one isn’t careful….but I don’t like to set any “rules’ just whatever feels right at the time

5. That looks fun. Teddy seems to think that he has had a hand in it too….

6. Carolanne says:

Teddy has taste. It is a beautiful quilt.

7. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

Teddy is sure something “special”. What a little camera hog – I just love the little guy. Your red stitching looks great!

8. karen says:

sometimes when I look at your quilts I can’t figure out how you have enough time in a day to do it all – you garden, you work, you quilt – but you quilt so much!! and so good.

9. Anncarrico says:

I would love to spend a day just watching you quilt!

10. Anne Kasten says:

This is such a great quilt- I love the seeming spontanteity of what you are doing, and the combination of the shapes and the texture. There is a looseness and vitality that are charming. Bravo!

11. Linda says:

Very Beautiful !! I love the red thread. It takes it to another level.
    Linda

12. bjmonitas says:

really??!! you are going for another monster project??? You are a brave man :D. kindest bjmonitas

13. Kathleen Campbell says:

I really like this quilt and your design. I see Teddy has a new Bandana! What a Handsome Fella.

14. poppyinstitches says:

I’ve just discovered your blog, the quilting is fantastic!!

15. Carolyn Black says:

Oh Tim, the quilt is beautiful, but I am just blown away by that precious face of Teddy! So sweet.

16. quiltsalott says:

I’m loving the effect of the red thread and the feathers are looking fabulous. Congratulations on finishing your whole cloth, it’s truly magnificent.

Comments