Holidays

back in July I posted about a vintage Table cloth that will be made into a Christmas Quilt. (https://timquilts.com/2013/07/30/time-to-think-about-christmas-2/)  I decided to start that today.

I added border fabric to the table cloth and got it pin basted.

I used white backing fabric and Hobb’s Thermore batting

table cloth 2013 004

This is the first time I have used this batting…I will let you know how I like it once I get it done.

I always tack the layers to the floor before I add the safety pins …. that keeps it from shifting as I walk on it

table cloth 2013 005

After I got it pinned I drew in a few lines in the center to mark for the hand quilting…that is all the marking I will do..the rest will be by eye

table cloth 2013 006

table cloth 2013 007

Even though we were working on Christmas today Teddy was dressed for October…trying out his Halloween costume

table cloth 2013 001 table cloth 2013 002
table cloth 2013 008 table cloth 2013 009

I will post soon about the quilting on this one…

9 thoughts on “Holidays

OMG, Teddy is way too cute, a skeleton dog! What a hoot!

Oh, and I can’t wait to see that Christmas one done, better set a deadline!

2. Lisa says:

My theory is that uncompleted Christmas quilts are still decorations so they don’t have to be finished. Do you keep all of your Christmas quilts?

I keep all my quilts….because I have been unable to sell them for anywhere near an amount that would cover the labor in them….so I keep them, and use them, and use them for trunk shows and demonstrations, and decorating

3. Clara Zolud says:

This my favorite batting, I have used it for years since I am in California and only a handful of winter days are actually cold. I hope you like this batting also, it is super to work with too!!!!!!!!

4. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

How cool is Teddy! I suppose he will assist you with handing out the Halloween candy 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

5. Carla says:

Can’t wait to see how this tablecloth turns out! Teddy is looking so scary!!!

Comments