Progress

I am making some progress.

10-20-13 002

I am having a lot of fun drawing the feathers and filling the space.

While I had the camera out I decided to take a few more pictures of the antique double wrench quilt top that I purchased in Des Moines a few weeks ago (click pictures to enlarge)

The more I see it the more I like it, I think I need to move this one up higher on to do list.

Back to work

12 thoughts on “Progress

Ok, what is REALLY on that top 10 list???

Lovin’ that poison green and all those prints. I saw a very nice Carolina Lily variation in an antiques store over the weekend and the poison green was immaculate — but the pink was not a double pink, is was a solid rose color, very pretty. It has some triple track quilting, so really was back in the day. The quilter had appliqued a monogram on the top in pink, and I think Tim Latimer should give always give his signature a dignified, prominent pace on his quilt. Anyway, always good those see these old quilt warriors.

3. Kathleen Campbell says:

The more I see this green quilt, the more I like it too. I never think of that green. The chedder is also a nice choice. what year do you think this quilt is?

4. Francie says:

I too, like the churn dash quilt. BUT, those feathers and echo quilting are what’s really calling my name….gorgeous!!! You know that won’t be the last time I say that. 😀

5. audrey says:

Love that antique double wrench quilt–one of my favorite blocks! Yours is in great colors too and the zigzag setting is very interesting. You are really moving through the quilting with your feathers too! Great progress!

the fabrics are what made me want this one….I just love that green! and the variety in the blocks is pretty great as well…I think another week or so and the feathers might be done

6. Annette Johnston says:

I’ll be very interested to see how you quilt the monkey wrench quilt, Tim. After I saw what you ‘ve been doing with the tan & red quilt, I had to wonder what the heck I’ve been doing with my week! It’s looking quite grand. Keep stitchin’. You’re an inspiration to us all.

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )