I am back to work on the suspension bridge quilt.  See here: https://timquilts.com/2013/04/29/suspension-bridge-variation/  and here: https://timquilts.com/2013/07/27/suspension-bridge-variation-ready-to-quilt/

It is a different feel to have a small needle in my hand again!

11-3-2013 002

I needed to get a decent picture of  “321 quilt”  so I did some blocking.  I tacked it to the floor and steamed it to get it into shape

321 AGS 002

to submit a quilt to be in a show I need to send 2 pictures, one of the full quilt

???????????????????????????????

and a close up

???????????????????????????????

I think I would do better if they let me submit pictures of my assistant

321 AGS 016

He gets up on the chair so he can get a very close look at the stitching.  He needs to change his scarf but doesn’t want to give this one up yet.

If you are at the news stand or quilt store in look for the Dec/Jan Issue of Quilters Newsletter

11-01-2013 02;54;48PM

I was honored to be featured in the Meetin’ place section  Pages 18 – 21.  you can see 7 of my quilts there.

37 thoughts on “Next

A friend of mine got the magazine and said it is a very nice article about you. She is giving it to me in a couple of days. Congrats!

2. laura fisher says:

I sure hope you have a complete label that you affix to every quilt you make…..name, address, year made, anything else interested to inform future generations about your accomplished work. This one is amazing, and love that Teddy too

Laura Fisher’s FISHER HERITAGE 305 East 61st Street, New York, NY 10065

cell: 917/797-1260; tel: 212/838-2596 web: http://www.laurafisherquilts.com email: fisherheritage@yahoo.com

Hi Laura
      Thanks! and Teddy says thanks too
      I do try to get my name and date quilted into each one….but I probably should also do a label with all the other information….quilt historians in the future maight appreciate it 😉

3. Suzanne says:

I like following your progress on each project. I’m looking forward to reading the article. Congrats!

4. Kathi says:

How exciting to have 7 of your quilts in one mag! That is just amazing Tim 🙂 Love how the blocking made a difference for this quilt… I am glad you have the know how to do that since you love the shows and they love you! Hope your quilt finds it’s way into a show soon 🙂 Gorgeous work on the part you showed on suspension bridge too! As always … thanks for sharing! Kathi

5. audrey says:

Love your next quilt! Such a lovely quilt top. Congrats on being in the Quilters Newsletter Mag. Very exciting for you!

thanks Audrey
      that top was a fun one to make…I am really pleased with the way all the reproduction fabrics worked out….but it is a big one so will be slower going on the quilting

6. Janine Huisjen says:

Got my Quilters Newsletter yesterday. Very nice article, and so many quilts! Congratulations!

7. Francie says:

Tim, so glad you are getting the recognition your work deserves! Prolific, good eye for design, excellent stitching, the savior of many a poor quilt top…what else can one say??? Loved the article…it’s nice to see your quilts in a major publication isn’t it?!?!??!?!?!?!
    Congratulations! 😀

8. Kathleen Campbell says:

Love to see your quilts in an magazine! Barnes & Noble on the way home from cardio-rehab, tomorrow.
    Congratulations!

9. Amanda Best says:

As always, your work is beyond amazing! Thanks for sharing your many beautiful projects and cute Teddy, of course!
    Congratulations on being in Quilter’s Newsletter, you deserve it!

10. Kathy Johnston says:

I’m looking forward to picking up a copy. So exciting and well deserved,
    Congratulations!
    Teddy’s facial expressions crack me up, he seems like a great pup.

he is always a source of entertainment….his expressions always tell me when he is thinking….But I cant always tell what he is thinking about ….sometimes I think he is thinking that I’m nuts 😉

Love the ducks!

12. Sue Matlock says:

I received my copy of the mag yesterday. Nice article and I agree, one will have to live a long time to make and quilt all those quilts that are in my head. Congratulations again. Your work is stunning.

13. Gerd De Clercq says:

I really love the amazing effect of the red thread whole cloth quilt

14. Well done Tim! I’ll look out for a copy.

15. Helen F says:

I can’t believe the short amount of time it took you to quilt this magnificent quilt!!!

16. Lil Koster, Wilmington, DE says:

Hi Tim,
    I have been subscribing to QN for many years and I regard it as the best quilting magazine being published. I just finished reading the article about you and had to check out your website. WOW, you are an amazing quilter! And so prolific! Your snowflake designs are awesome – thanks for including the link to last year’s post. 123 is incredible – so many stitches, stunning effect – gives me a whole new appreciation for whole-cloth quilts. I love what you are doing with Suspensiom Bridge. I can’t wait to see it and the vintage snowflake completed. Be happy -keep quilting! Cheers!

17. Lil Koster says:

Oops – I meant “321” not “123” ! And I liked how you came up with the name for that quilt!

18. antarabesque says:

Great write up in the magazine. It was a pleasure to see it.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )