Snow

Yesterday was the first snow of the year in Lansing.

11-12-13 019

It sure seems too early for that!

I was working away on the Suspension Bridge quilt.

This one is rather slow going but I am making some good progress.  (click pictures to enlarge)

Once the snow started I decided to switch to a winter quilt. (I always have several quilts in progress and like to switch back and forth depending on my mood) I started this one last year and put it aside in the summer.  It was hard to get excited about quilting a flannel quilt in the heat of the summer but seems appropriate now.

The top and backing are flannel and the batting is wool…simple hand quilting so it should not take long to finish this one.

??????????????????????????????? 11-12-13 001

I have 1/3 of the blocks finished…will see how fast I can get it done.

Stay warm!

10 thoughts on “Snow

You can keep the snow! Got that yard done just in time!
    Flannel does sound nice with snow on the ground, beautiful quilt!

2. Joan says:

We beat you with the snow here in Minneapolis. Too early for sure. I’m chomping at the bit to work on a quilt, but had thumb reconstruction (due to arthritis in all three joints) and I’m bored to death reading and watching TV all day. Another few weeks til the pins come out and then physical therapy for another month or so. Hopefully early next year I’ll be back doing handwork. I envy your strong fingers. Always beautiful work.

3. Kate says:

I like your new home page pictures, and really love these two quilts you are working on, the flannel one is so lovely, the colours are great. Did you put this top together?
    Enjoying your blog as always, look forward to watching your progress through the winter.

thanks Kate
      I did the piecing on both of these quilts….the flannel one I put together in September of 2012 with fabrics I bought at the AQS quilt week in Grand Rapids MI and the suspension bridge with fabrics from the following year…

4. missouristar says:

We don’t get much snow here in Northwest Washington. I don’t miss the shoveling, but miss the cozy feeling of being snuggled up inside. Just read the lovely article about you in QN. Nice to see hand quilting getting some press. And you are such a great representative!

5. Suzanne says:

The pup and the quilts looking really nice. I never can get over how quickly you can quilt.

Thanks
      some quilts I can get pretty good speed on….I think I will have the flannel quilt done in about a week….the other one is much slower!…seems like a week per block 😦

Comments