Flannel finish and news

I finished my flannel quilt

Here is is fresh from the dryer

A also got a new quilt top to add to the collection (circa 1900)

It needs some work, but I love the gold and gray colors (Click pictures to enlarge)

And I was honored to be notified that MY Tree of Life Quilt has been accepted to be in the  MANifestations exhibit, the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum’s Twelfth Biennial Exhibit of Quilts Made By Men. Here is the quilt

the exhibit runs from February 3 – April 29 2014 https://rmqm.org/zz/exhibits/upcoming-exhibits.html

I had a quilt in the last show in 2012, here is the post about that show, https://timquilts.com/2012/02/05/rocky-mountain-quilt-museum-show-and-tell-part-one/, and here https://timquilts.com/2012/02/05/rocky-mountain-quilt-museum-show-part-2/

Back to work for me

27 thoughts on “Flannel finish and news

1. karen says:

congrats and that was a great article in the Quilters Newsletter magazine that featured you and your quilts!

Congrats! The more the merrier!

3. Kate says:

The flannel quilt is beautiful, I love the colours and all in plains. Congratulations on having your Tree quilt accepted, I’m sure it will take center stage.

4. audrey says:

Excellent news about your Tree of Life quilt! It deserves to be in that show. Your flannel quilt is wonderful. I’m sure it will be well used!

5. Pam Gardner says:

congrats on the acceptance and I love the flannel quilt!!!!! Also the new one, yellow is great.

6. Congratulations! I got in to MANifestations, too. Great to know we’ll be in the same show!

very cool!…congratulations ….I hope to make it there for the opening reception….in 2012 there was a huge snow storm but I made it….hope to get there again this time….perhaps I will see you there 🙂

7. Jim Smith says:

All the best Tim. We’ll be in MANifestations together. Jim

8. Donna K says:

Congrats Tim on getting in the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum show. You must’ve had a big grin when you found out.

Your flannel one sure was a quick turn around. I like it!

9. Suzanne says:

That’s fabulous news!you deserve it. Your work is extraordinary on its own, but the speed in what you can accomplish in a short amount of time always is a marvel to me.
    I love the colors on that flannel quilt. Absolutely glows, warmth.

10. Allo Tim: I ‘discovered’ you through the article in QN magazine. I do something similar in that I buy vintage blocks and make them into finished quilts – using the same philosophy of trying to do what I think the original maker might have considered. I am particularly fond of Dresden Plates!

I’m glad to have discovered you blog, love your work and will be a happy follower!

11. Cheryl Petersen says:

Your work is gorgeous, I am so interested in the fish bone, have you ever seen it in a pattern?

12. Ginney says:

Your flannel turned out beautifully. And congrats on the acceptance of your Tree of Life quilt.

13. Salley says:

A bit late! but congratulations on The Tree of Life. Am loving your snowflake designs!

Comments