I finished up a second block on the Basket of Lilies quilt.
For the backing of this quilt I used a piece of fabric I had in my pile of vintage quilt tops. I got the fabric with a quilt top I purchased a while ago. Someone had intended to use it as a backing for a quilt and it was the correct size. The problem is that it is a cotton poly blend and it is VERY tightly woven (like a bed sheet), so it is very hard to quilt through.
It looks fine, but is a lot more work….the moral of the story is don’t use something just because you have it….it might save money, but in the long run buying the correct fabric is the way to go.
Here are some more pictures of the front and back (click to enlarge)