Quilting Progress

I Finished quilting all of the blocks in the Easter Stripe Quilt.  Now on to the border.  I hope to finish it this week.

Here are some pictures (click to enlarge) Teddy was a big help so he got his picture taken too. 🙂

As I have been working on this quilt I have been thinking of other fabrics I have in the stash that would work for a quilt like this.  I remembered that I have some 2.5″ strips of Produce fabric that might work.  I got them out and decided they would…so I went to the fabric store and bought some backing fabric and binding fabric.

DSCN1297 DSCN1296

I think it will make a fun quilt.

At the quilt store I have a customer reward card…so the clerk ( who I don’t remember seeing before) asks my name to enter into the computer…she enters it and then asks “are you the Tim Latimer who had the winning quilt in Grand Rapids?  It was so beautiful!   I was sort of shocked that she made the connection between my name and  that quilt…..I guess I am more well-known than I knew.  I always was rather anonymous. I must admit it is rather flattering!

Well enough of fame…back to quilting!

25 thoughts on “Quilting Progress

1. KerryCan says:

You’re a quilting rock star! I get so annoyed that no one in my quilting guild has a clue about hand quilting and I cannot even buy needles for hand quilting except on-line. Your blog makes me feel better . . .

Thanks!!!
      I hope that we can change that “no one hand quilts mentality” the quilt stores seem to not know that we are out there an would buy from them if they had what we want….but on line is the way I need to get thread and needles too

2. Ann says:

Wow, it’s really coming along beautifully, Tim. As I said, that purple thread is wonderful.

And the new one is going to be great too. Love all the “produce” prints and the purple-pink palette is my favorite color family.

How fun to get some name recognition!
    Ann

thanks!!
      ….the produce prints didn’t photograph well…they are actually much brighter…and truer colors to the actual fruit and veg color…..but still very cool

3. audrey says:

Great looking stitching! This is moving along super fast for you. Fun to be recognized.:)

4. sara says:

Nice quilt! Looks like Teddy was just at the groomer, looking good!
    They will soon name a street after you, you know!

You’re going to be on the Lansing maps of the stars — cars driving slowly by the house and garden, gasps and shrieks when you emerge to take care of the flowers. I hear the paparazzi can be quite tiring though. Teddy will take it in stride.

6. Eileen Mele says:

You are well known and liked! You liked one of my silly post the other day. Thanks.

7. Teresa Barensfeld says:

Tim, I learned about you from Quilters Newsletter magazine — your fame is spreading! I have a question about this quilt: did you do the borders after quilting? Is that easier than before quilting?

I enjoy learning about your techniques and the materials you use. Thanks for sharing on your blog!

I was really happy with that article in quilters newsletter…..I didn’t realize how many people read it!…but I am so glad you did!! 🙂

I quilt the entire center of the quilt first, and then I quilt the borders…I always do the borders last… and then I do the binding ….I will post some pictures of working on the borders soon

8. Kathleen Campbell says:

Tim,
    I make sure that all my quilty friends know your site. So, yes a lot of people do recognize your name. Your work is inspiring. I always need encouragement. KEEP ON KEEPING ON is what I get from your posts! This is from the genre of…”KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON”. Thanks for all of your posts.

9. kathleen300 says:

Beautiful! I sure would love to be a fly on your wall to see how in the world you finish your hand quilted projects to quickly. Your work is stunning!

Kathy Riley

10. Pam G. says:

The Easter Stripe quilt is beautiful & I love the food fabric colors! Also – I’m spreading the word about Tim Quilts here in Arizona. Maybe one day we can get your here as a national teacher.

Comments