Back to work on the Basket of Lilies

I got a Keepsake Quilting catalog a few days ago and a Connecting Threads catalog and The latest AQS American Quilter magazine in the mail today.  I have had a hard time not spending all my time with those but I do want to get this done before Spring is over so back to work. ( I started this one last month, you can see that post here https://timquilts.com/2014/03/05/now-for-a-little-spring/ )

Here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

I have a way to go yet, but it is going well.

18 thoughts on “Back to work on the Basket of Lilies

1. myrosesindecember says:

So beautiful, Tim. Is this Carolina Lily? Very nice colors and it looks lovely against your Easter quilt background. I won a silent auction at our local thrift shop two weeks ago, for a 1930’s Grandmother’s Flower Garden – the real 1930s, not from repro fabrics. It is in great shape except for one flower but I can fix that by appliquing pieces over the worn ones. I could not believe I was the only bidder but maybe that was because it was twin size and people seem to want larger ones these days. I am so happy.

it is called basket of lilies, and carolina lily and several others….depends on the source but quilt patterns have many names.
      glad you won the quilt!!!

2. Hilda says:

Love your quilting choices here – it is so beautiful! I made a Carolina lily repro quilt – all hand appliqued – and machine quilted it on my domestic machine – trying to replicate the hand quilted look but it is never the same. Seeing this reminds me 😦

3. Nancy says:

It snowed here today, so I think you will have this done before it is spring in Michigan! A lovely quilt.

4. KerryCan says:

It must be hard to quilt around a dog. 😉

5. sara says:

It looks great!
    Did you notice the AQS catalogue that was included with the magazine has all of Pepper Cory’s Peppered Cottons advertised at just $8.76 a yard? Love them!

6. kathi says:

the Basket of Lilies is so wonderfully SPRING!! and I have to add, looks even better with yoiur sweet little inspector on the job!

7. Ginney says:

This is such a bright and cheery quilt

8. Donna K says:

Hi Tim
    This goes back a few posts, here goes.
    I had also saved all my scrippets and trimmings all winter with thoughts of putting them out for the birds and squirrels this spring for their nests.

Thank heavens someone wrote back to you advising against it unless pieces were known to be shorter than (what ever that number was) as it posed a pretty big risk of animal strangulation. I am so glad that you posted that!!!

Secretly my DH was glad that the decision got changed. I think he was envisioning a yard full of colorful dropped bits everywhere.

Anyway, love to read your posts. I am a devoted follower!

Thanks Donna! I’g so glad you are following………..Im cutting my scraps to 3″ and putting them out…its getting a bit warmer so I hope some birds start taking them soon…..but I can see how they might make a mess in the yard if there are too many of them!

9. audrey says:

Really great spring quilt! As usual you are doing it more than proper justice with your wonderful stitching.:)

Comments