Whats doing the blooming on the first day of summer?

We had a lot of rain yesterday and last night so the garden is wet and a lot of flowers are a bit flattened ….but here is what is blooming today on the first day of summer (click on pictures to enlarge)

Next time something quilty

Happy Summer!

9 thoughts on “Whats doing the blooming on the first day of summer?

You must have the greenest thumbs!

I think all the plants and flowers just wander in to Tim’s garden — hey, let’s go over there! The gardener’s always greener…Wow, your hydrangea came through. This winter left our four large bushes were left with the four-foot sticks of our pruning with the only green coming from buds 12″ inches or less from the ground — looked horrendous. We have one tortured bloom, otherwise they are taking vacay this summer.

the hydrangea were oddly unharmed by the bad winter…I love how they survive under that huge black walnut tree that is right in the fence line in the neighbors yard….almost nothing survives in that ….but these do great….as do clematis
      I had to cut several huge roses back to the ground this year…..it does sort of change the look of things, but as you say they are having a vacation

• Kristen says:

True, ours are open to the sun/cold — but how nice that your black walnut is a positive feature. Our sugar maple poisons everything above its root bed and beneath its canopy. The systemic mold/rot whatever it is in our peonies blooms exactly when the maple canopy unfurls.. I guess that’s our fault for placement, but I never thought I would find myself thinking vengeful thoughts about a sugar maple.

3. Beautiful garden. It is so interesting to see everyone’s garden across the country and world by reading blogs.

It sure does make for interesting reading to see all the gardens in different climates……Much of what you grow would never work here….and I imagine the same for you with what I grow….I think I would have a big learning curve if I moved to a different zone

4. katechiconi says:

There’s a rainbow of colour blooming in your garden!

Comments