You can see how I fixed it here https://timquilts.com/2014/06/06/new-york-beauty-re-make/
Here you can see how I decided on the quilting design https://timquilts.com/2014/06/09/how-i-decided-on-a-quilting-design
The quilting in the white spaces was easy. The quilting on the pieced sections was not!….it is always much more difficult to quilt across seams. These little triangles had quite large seam allowances and made it very bulky…several layers to quilt through. My quilting stitches in these areas are not as small and uniform as they are in the white areas but I think the overall look is fine.
It took 3 weeks to hand quilt….but to put that into perspective it was about 200 hours of quilting….( I was a bit obsessed 😉 )
After I finished the quilting and binding I washed it and dried it, and here is the result. (click pictures to enlarge)
While the quilt was in the washer and dryer I decided to finally finish the pillow I started back in April, see that post here https://timquilts.com/2014/04/15/vintage-lone-star/
Here it is finished
I am going to try to finish one of the many quilts I have already started in the next few days. I put this one back in the hoop…the quilting is easy and It should go fast.