Quilt top and garden

I added 2 borders to the quilt top . I think the new fabric really works with the vintage blocks.   I was going to add a gray border as well but I think I will bind it with gray.   It is 80″ x 97″ now .  I have gray fabric ordered for the backing and I plan to use it for the binding as well as backing.

It needs a good pressing but here it is

And here are a bunch of pictures of my garden that I took this afternoon.  The lilies are looking great and they smell even better!  (click pictures to enlarge)

Happy Quilting/Gardening

21 thoughts on “Quilt top and garden

1. Nadine Cassady says:

Lovely. You must have a lot of energy to garden and quilt.

2. Debbie says:

Amazing…love your color choices. My only question to you is….do you ever sleep?

I.love.this. The border now makes that vintage-y green — which could in many circumstances be ghastly — pop in a good way. And there is still the in/out perspective of the two blues on the diagonal. And to think the most notable fabrics when you got those circles were the inner retro prints! True seredipitous synergies here.

serendipitous

5. katechiconi says:

Looking good! I guess you already have a plan for quilting it….

6. Sandra B says:

This quilt just keeps getting better and better!! The borders are perfect, and I like the idea to bind it in gray….can’t wait to see it all quilted!
    And your garden makes me jealous!!
    Thanks for sharing…

7. Ly says:

Love the borders. Perfect. I always get stuck at the borders. I have several tops that just need borders.

I was lucky on this one….I had the green leftover from backing another quilt and there was enough print left over….so it worked out great….If I didn’t have those Im not sure what I would have used

8. Carol M says:

I just love your garden and your quilts. Beautiful, both.

9. Martine says:

Your quilt looks fantastic! Would love to take a walk in your garden and enjoy The colors and smel

10. Pat Long says:

Beautiful garden and the quilt is just spectacular!

11. lilquilter says:

I was doubtful at first of your background choice, but I think you made the perfect choice – the word that comes to my mind is “lively!” And I was doubtful about the green border (probably my least favorite color), but I think that works perfectly as well. Can’t wait to see it quilted! I so admire how prolific you are. You are an inspiration to me and, I’m sure, to all of your other quilting fans! Quilt on!

Comments