On July 30 I started a new quilt. I got a bundle of 12 fat quarters from P&B Textiles called Interplay.
You can see the post about the design and cutting the pieces here (https://timquilts.com/2014/07/30/interplay/)
Here is the completed top on August 11.
I hand quilted it using size 8 perle cotton thread and a size 5 embroidery needle …black thread on the more solid fabrics and green on the prints.
I used Nature’s Touch cotton batting and black backing fabric. I always pin baste and don’t use very many pins.
It is hard to see the pins in the picture but if you click on it to enlarge you can see safety pins in the corners of the blocks.
I finished the hand quilting yesterday.
and here is the back
I used the backing fabric for the binding as well.
Here it is after binding and washing and drying (by machine)
The finished size was 45″ x 60″ before quilting , washing and drying. I will have to measure it again to see how much shrinkage there is but I always expect shrink …the cotton batting will shrink and cause a bit of a puckered look to the quilt which I love. If you do not want shrink I would use poly batting.
Here are some more pictures of the finished quilt (click pictures to enlarge)
Teddy gave it the final sit test
and decided to relax on it
Last night I installed Electric Quilt software and thought I would give it a try with this quilt….sort of a backward approach since normally you start with a design and them make a quilt rather than start with a quilt and try to make a design to match but I think I am getting the hang of it.
Here is a picture of the design in EQ
Sort of fun to do!
Now back to work on the snowflake quilt