A few weeks ago I posted about a signature quilt I started https://timquilts.com/2014/08/15/signature-block-piecing/
I am using a reproduction line of fabric by Barbara Brackman …see her post here http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/2014/09/tim-quilts-with-ladies-album-jellyroll.html
I finished the blocks and pieced them together
I had to make some adjustments. The squares with the signatures are 6 inches ….using a jelly roll to make the nine patches makes a 6 1/2 inch block. I had to trim them down to 6 inches to fit them with the signature blocks. The result is that not everything lines up perfectly, however I really do like the look.
The signature blocks were white. I felt like it was too bright for the reproduction fabrics so I Tea Dyed them. Some of the blocks took the Tea Dye better than others so you can see a few darker blocks mixed in. I don’t mind it at all. I have a few vintage Signature tops and quilts and the blocks do not all match….different fabrics used by each person so the variation in this is fine with me.
I did add several more blocks without signatures to make the quilt larger. I will add a border. This fabric was leftover from a previous quilt and it was handy so put it around the top to see it with a border.
I think I will see if I have enough blue to do the border, I think a darker color will fit it better.
It will be a smallish quilt….about 60″ x 55″ I have backing and batting for it already. Now all I need to do is add the border and hand quilt it.
For now I am going to work on some of the Batik blocks and some of the hand quilting projects in progress.