Are they trying to tell me something?

Look what came in yesterday’s mail.

Are they trying to tell me something? Am I old?   I sure do feel old sometimes, creaky joints,  bad eyes, easily tired, aches and pains, forgetting everything I don’t write down, etc.

Old age ain’t no place for sissies.”
― Bette Davis

But I’m only 48 so perhaps AARP could stay away for about 17 years.  I’m sure those 17 years will go fast enough!

I haven’t got much progress to show today.   Here is the snowflake quilt…..

DSCN4005 DSCN4004 DSCN4003 DSCN4002

I just took it out of the hoop and you can see how the hoop leaves a mark…that goes away after a bit of time out of the hoop.   I got some huge 48″ wide paper so I can draw up the  pattern for this …it is now on the growing to do list.

Perhaps for now it is time for a nap?

no I think it is time to get to work 🙂

40 thoughts on “Are they trying to tell me something?

1. Carolanne says:

Christmas will soon be here!

2. Patty Gal says:

50 is the magic age for AARP. Get ready to inundated!

3. Judith Pettigrew says:

May I ask what medium or technique do you use to transfer your quilting design to the quilt top? Can you address that in a blog post? Thank you,

Judith Pettigrew La Crescenta, CA

Sent from my iPhone

4. jupett says:

What method or medium do you use to transfer the quilting design to the quilt top?

5. Ann says:

It’s not all that bad, it’s good to have made it this far….plus there are discounts through AARP beginning at 50! : ))))

6. Deb says:

I kept getting stuff from them, so I stuff the return envelope, with every thing that they sent ,back in that one and returned it! Haven’t heard from them for awhile.. They probably think I’m senile. Lol! And thank you for putting Julie Silber website on your last page! I so enjoyed looking. 🙂 have fun with the indian Summer blocks.

7. tdspringer says:

As Ann said…..you can join AARP at 50. I did and I love the discounts on hotels, etc…..

8. Rhonda says:

Just think of all the money you will save on those AARP discounts. More money for fabric, thread, batting……

9. Lil Koster says:

NAP??? Only old people nap in the afternoon! 😉
    Maybe AARP is getting desperate for members – I didn’t start getting mail from them until just before I turned 50. You know…50 is the new 30!

Seriously…your snowflake quilt is looking AWESOME!! And you are making great progress. It never ceases to amaze me how much hand quilting you can do in such a short time. Quilt on!

10. Vicki Harrell says:

They start sending t hat stuff about a few 47 but I didn’t join till 62. LOVE your work I am always in awe.

11. Bertha Mallard says:

I agree with Rhonda. AARP discounts add up to lots of fabric. Hang in there. Only 2 more years and you, too, can reap the benefits of being a “senior citizen.”

12. Join AARP at 50–lots of great info in the magazines and discounts

13. Fran Yuhas says:

Have you tried the Bohin( from France) quilting needles?

14. Rose in VT says:

Oh Tim: That’s hilarious. As others have said, I started getting mine a few months before I turned 50. The discounts have me keeping the membership up, and the health info is informative.
    The snowflake quilt is highly inspiring!

15. I’ve been following your blog for months and I’m still amazed that you do all of this by hand. This is a fantastic piece! I can’t wait to see how it looks when you’re done with it.

16. Cheryl Petersen says:

Welcome to the senior life. 🙂

17. Monica says:

Hahaha….I started getting stuff from AARP in my 30’s…and I’m only now in my early 40’s. There’s no rhyme or reason to who they send that stuff too.

18. katechiconi says:

Hah! I have 5 years on you, and I’m still not ready for a nap! I’ll probably want to buy that snowflake pattern when you’re done, so don’t forget to add it to the list…

19. Julie Porter says:

That work is a piece of art Tim.
    Perhaps Teddy is behind the AARP thing! Looking after his inheritance.

20. I was ready to wish you a happy birthday! But you are just a kid! AARP membership kicks in at 50, so don’t feel too old. A few good benefits to membership too.. Hotel discounts, car rental discount benefits too..

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )