Teddy the Helper

Today I have been working on the Batik Project.    The Fabrics are from Lelia and Co. Fabric and Design and the blocks are paper foundation pieced.   I am getting better at paper foundation piecing the more blocks I do.

I have 21 done now of the 100 needed to finish

Here is the plan which I did on the computer

Batik plan
I decided to see how the blocks look laid out and Teddy was there to help me arrange them.

and he did a pretty good job

DSCN4217 DSCN4215

he needed some help getting that last one flat

DSCN4219DSCN4223

I hardly ever mention my other job as flora design instructor but my nephew got married yesterday and I did the flowers for the wedding.

The ceremony was at the Grosse Pointe Academy Chapel …here is a picture of the chapel (It is a picture from their website not the same wedding)

full-chapel-interior-2014

I am really bad about getting pictures of weddings , usually I am in such a frenzy trying to get it all done on time that I just forget to stop and take some pictures.    I did take a few in the work room before I delivered them.

Brides bouquet

Bridesmaid

Chapel flowers

centerpiece

My Sister made the cupcake wedding cake

Teddy says it is time to get back to work now

19 thoughts on “Teddy the Helper

Nice quilt, and beautiful wedding arrangements and bouquets!

2. Kathleen Campbell says:

Everything looks great with the flowers and cake.
    I like your color choices for the quilt.

3. Bobbie Davis says:

OMG Tim!! The flowers are beautiful!! And the cake is wonderful!! Teddy is a smart dog…he appreciates your hard work… Bobbie

thanks Bobbie…..it was a very nice wedding and the chapel was very pretty…built in 1890….great setting for pretty flowers…..
      sometimes I think Teddy is too smart for his own good

4. Pam G. says:

The quilt is beautiful. I love batiks. The wedding flowers are so lovely. You have such talent & such a good little supervisor for your quilting.

5. Deb says:

The quilt is going to be a beauty ! Love the photo where it looks like teddy is trying to place a block with your permission. The flower arrangements and cupcake cake are lovely!

6. katechiconi says:

I’d quite happily see a lot more of your floral design work! Do try and take more photos to share…

7. Lorij says:

How beautiful! What a lovely place for a wedding. The flowers and cake are gorgeous. As always the quilt is beautiful. Are you going to big stitch it or do a pattern in regular sized quilting stitches? Your dog is so well behaved and is a photo ham. Lorij

The Batik fabric is a denser weave so it is more difficult to hand quilt….so I will use normal sized thread and stitches …I think perle cotton would be difficult to pull through the Batik

8. Sharron Evans says:

Beautiful church for a wedding. Gorgeous flowers, not that I would expect anything less from you. I admired this quilt top so much I have copied the pattern. Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, so we shall see. As I was looking at your pictures I just had a thought. Probably a thought you’ve already had yourself. Along with all the other things you do I think you need to start writing books with Teddy at the center of them. Perhaps mysteries for Teddy to solve. Since you have nothing else to do?

LOL….I do need more to do….but seriously that is a great idea…..Teddy is so photogenic and he loves to pose….he would make a good book subject fro kids , when he is out for walks the little kids he passes always want to pet him and he is very good about it…

9. Pat Long says:

The wedding flowers are simply beautiful. I think that a series of kids books with Teddy as the centerpiece is a great idea!

Comments