11 quilts so far

I just realized that  Tomorrow is the first day of October.

I have set myself a goal of 12 quilts hand quilted per year.    so I thought with only 3 months to go I should see how I am doing.

Here are those I finished so far this year….I think I got them all….click pictures to enlarge

Teddy went to the groomer today so he is looking nice and clean and dressed for fall…here is what I sometimes see when I look up from a quilt I am working on.

see the bone on the floor on the right….his new favorite toy.   Whenever he hears a noise or a car drives down the street he gets his bone to “protect it” then he spends some time chewing on it once he knows it is safe

Back to work….

28 thoughts on “11 quilts so far

1. Lynn Clark says:

Beautiful work and an amazing number of quilts to complete in 9 months. I’m impressed.

2. Kathleen Campbell says:

You are amazing and Teddy is an adorable ham.

3. Ann says:

Awwwww….who could resist that little face!? Our dogs are the same way, but with three we sometimes have ‘disagreements’ so they have to be separated while they have their chewies.

Thanks for the good explanation of paper piecing, by the way. I need to print some of these how-to posts out and put them in a folder. You said you are going to write your book next year, right? 🙂

4. katechiconi says:

Impressive line-up! The Quilt Inspector’s bone is very nearly as clean and white as he is! I wonder you can work at all with that intense gaze focused on you, but perhaps he’s sending encouraging vibes…

5. I only dream that I could hand quilt that many in just 9 months! How do you manage to get that many done so quickly?

6. Patty Gal says:

You’ve gotten in front of yourself Tim. The quilts are all beautiful. I think you should take off the month of October and pal around with Teddy.

7. Kathryn Tomlinson says:

Wonderful quilts and a very cute dog!

You rock, Tim! You’re going to bust right through the sonic quilt barrier — 2014 is a bumper quilt year! I think you have one that is on the cusp of being done — that Carolina Lily that is like quilting through cement because of the backing, and then there is the reindeer/jingle bell snowflake… Next post you should put up your quilts in progress — five? Six?

9. Elaine says:

Your quilts are wonderful, *almost* as wonderful as Teddy! 😉

It’s pretty amazing how many quilts you can finish in a year. Don’t feel bad about the number of WIPs; it’s great you are so creative. But I think slot #12 should be Teddy’s quilt. 🙂

10. chris says:

Inspiring, as always! You’ve got this machine quilter busy with needle and thread…hand quilted a set of coasters, and a pillow. Next up is a vintage quilt top made by my mother-in-law in the 1940s, all feed sacks and muslin. See what you’ve done? 🙂 Love Teddy’s fall ‘do!

11. Anne Kasten says:

Oh that delightful dog Teddy! thanks for sharing him with us!
    (and your wonderful quilts too….)

12. Tracey says:

Love the Dr. Seuss Quilt and helpful Teddy!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )