quilts in progress that I need to finish

I recently posted the quilts I have finished this year.   Here are a few of the quilts that I have in progress.  First a few very recent

a bit older

2012_0806fan-top-finished0005

A lot older

table cloth 2013 005

Pieced and ready to quilt

I made a start on these blocks and plan a full sized quilt

made from old shirts when I cleaned out the closet

Blazing Star Pieced 009

to-do- 004

2012_0910logcabin-quilting0008

2012_0808log-cabin-redo-done0005

I started quilting this and set it aside...I have to get back to it

I started quilting this and set it aside…I have to get back to it

Inventory 27

pear tree applique

Oldest!  2010

2011_011311-27-11-next0007

I am sure I missed several

I won’t run out of things to do 🙂

27 thoughts on “quilts in progress that I need to finish

1. Sharron Evans says:

YOU DON’T HAVE THOSE DONE YET! What’s the hold up! Hahahaha!

2. Neame says:

Really nice range of projects, lots of variety. Busy indeed. Perhaps you need more quilting frames so you can keep several going at once….as if you don’t keep busy lol.

they all go in and out of the hoop easily so i can work on them all …..I just need to do it….but I keep starting new things…..when i get a new idea I need to go for it right away so I do end up with lots of partial projects

3. audrey says:

So much going on! I love your quilting on the red panels especially. Just gorgeous!

4. Janice Graziano says:

I was amazed when you posted all of the quilts that you have finished (so far) this year. I am such a slacker – but was really cheered up just now as I looked at all your works in progress!. Now I don’t feel like I am the only one in “that” row-boat. Like you, I keep finding new learning challenges – but I need to get a lot better at going back and finishing what I started so eagerly. Perhaps if I stack them all together and just work on each one a little each day? There has to be a method.

There has to be a way to do it….I tell myself I will not start anything new until I finish all the older projects….but a new idea comes along and I’m off…..I actually think it is a good thing 🙂 I never get bored

5. Deb says:

Tim, is there a quiltaholic that can continue work on a project, then have a brain storm about a new project, contine with the old project until it’s finish before just cutting out a little , then sewing a little on the new one…
    Enjoyed seeing all of your lovely projects!

That is a crazy good listing!! I just viewed in person your divine quilts over in Des Moines! Absolutely better than ever in person! People were taking pics of your white whole cloth and checking your stitches and I told them about your blog so they will check it out asap! Keep sending them in to the shows!

7. katechiconi says:

Wow, what an array. Now, the question is whether you start yet another new one before you finish one of the older ones. Perhaps a small ‘one-for-one’ bargain with yourself? In order to start another new one, you have to finish one old one…

8. Patty Gal says:

I love the one that looks it’s made from shirtings and has the Baptist fan style quilting and the one with pinkish-reddish lightning bolt sashing. But they are going to be gorgeous when finished. You are REALLY busy! If you ever bring your quilts to Florida, be absolutely sure to let us know.

Wait! You have to come to New York first, Tim! I will hire a hall for you. Quiltaholics can gather from the Midatlantic coast! You must get on Kickstarter and raise funds for a quiltmobile to take your show on the road. With comfy accommodations for Teddy. He will also be a draw.

I would love to get a quiltmobile and come to NY…..would be great fun…..as long as the quiltmobile also comes with a driver 🙂

• Kristen says:

Quilters between Lansing and New York can take shifts — if you let them scratch Teddy behind the ears, they’ll do anything!

10. Wow! I’ve always been amazed by how quickly things seem to come together for you.

There are times when it looks fast ….and then there are quilts like the last one pictured….4 years so far

• I’ve only been at this two years. Last year, I did make a bunch of cushion fronts for my friends that I didn’t get backed and bound before I went home. Now they’re all getting something else on my next trip home, so I guess these wait until 2016.

11. Pamela says:

Don’t we all have in progress projects. The pile seems to grow, or bins and boxes pile up. A post of my unfinished projects would be a never-ending blog post. I have the same problem you do – starting a new project before the last one is finished. But I would be bored otherwise.

12. Ginney says:

When you pull them out to quilt them they must all seem like they’re brand new again!

Comments