Teddy quilt started

I started hand quilting the Teddy quilt.

Teddy is an on top of the quilt guy so I wanted the quilt to be very thick and puffy.   I used an extra loft poly batting.

The backing is a dog bone pattern

As always I pin basted the layers together (very few pins works best for me)

I am hand quilting it with black perle cotton thread #12 and a size 5 embroidery needle. A note about perle cotton thread; it is different than embroidery floss.    Embroidery floss is not a good choice for hand quilting.  The individual strands are not as strong and are not twisted together like they are in perle cotton thread.

I am not marking this.  I am just quilting around the pieces and then adding 3 more rows by eye .

You can see Teddy on the far left checking my work.

He asked if he could sit on it yet

I got his approval.

I did make a few more border pieces for the Batik Quilt.

It wont be too much longer before I get the top finished (I hope)

As promised here are a few pictures from the Basic floral design class I teach. (click pictures to enlarge)

27 thoughts on “Teddy quilt started

1. Audrey Waite says:

Teddy is so adorable.

2. Colleen says:

When I first started scrolling through I thought that WAS Teddy sitting on the quilt. Until you had commented that he was supervising on the sidelines. . Boy I need better glasses. HA 🙂

3. katechiconi says:

He’s a very lucky puppy. That’s a very superior quilt!

4. Susan Dileanis says:

Teddy looks so proud of his quilt. I can’t believe all the hobbies you have, Tim, you are very talented.

5. dljolin says:

I have been collecting ‘dog’ fabrics for a while to make blanket/beds for the boys Rocky & Sam. This is perfect! Motivated to get started now.
    Also your “beginning” flower arranging class…..stunning. So much talent. Wish I was closer to take your classes.

6. Patty Gal says:

Tim and Teddy, you guys just cheer me up every day. I’m smiling right now! And Tim, your flower arrangements are lovely.

7. gardnerpam6 says:

I love love love the Teddy quilt!

I had to laugh when I saw the subject line…after your last post Teddy gave you a talking to, didn’t he? He sat you down, looked earnestly into your eyes and put your priorities straight. Forget these quilts in progress — who’s your puppy daddy? The Teddy quilt. That’s the priority.

Glad to see you got that straightened out.

9. Louise says:

My daughter has a Schnauzer who comes home from the groomer with the little scarves. She has saved all of them so I can’t wait to show her what you did with Teddy’s! That is so cool! Does Teddy get to keep and sleep on his quilt?

10. Jan says:

Saw your quilts at the Des Moines quilt show this weekend. Fantastic!
    Also enjoy your blog and the updates on teddy..

11. annetisell says:

How wonderful the Teddy quilt! Love love love it! P.S. the flowers are marvellous also!

12. […] see the post about the quilting here. […]

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )